Norton

Join Discord

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
anyone tell where in norton i can allow programes to stay on my pc?

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Dont use norton its the worst programme to use and eats alot of resources but if you insist on useing it there should be some sort of Resident sheild/Firewall where you can allow paths and files.

Heres a guide for you,

Knowledge Base documents/newsNorton Personal Firewall - Adding a Service or Rule
Adding a new rule to your firewall will provide you more control over what services are connecting to the internet. If your computer needs to connection to a new service follow these directions.

Open Norton Personal Firewall

In the "Setup" window, under "Protect these Internet Services", choose New
Click on the dropdown arrow in the "Name" box and choose the service you want to add
A description and port number will fill in for standard services

Choose Save
On the setup window you can specify what Incoming and Outgoing access you want to allow.
Allow all
Allow addresses in this list
Deny addresses in this list
Deny all

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
use microsoft security essentials instead. free, runs in the background, and flags up everything which should be flagged up without any hassle.

Weikster

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
36th chamber
If you are still looking for a reply to this, I use Norton as it's free with my ISP. =p
Open Norton, click- Settings/Antivirus/Scans and risks/then at the bottom add the paths in Scan Exclusions, both boxes.

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
use microsoft security essentials instead. free, runs in the background, and flags up everything which should be flagged up without any hassle.

Yeah its what i use now, no problems with it what so ever so far :)