NPC MAKING (Question)

smoochy boys on tour

chaos_kuja

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 21, 2005
United Kingdom
Hey Mir fans!:skipcow:

I was wondering how do you make NPCs? From scratch...
Because I want to make a welcome NPC at the gate of Ginko Valley who uses the body of a Woomataurus or WoomaGuardian but I have no Idea how to script that???

If someone could reply the script details and where to put it or how to would be even better so I can add Quest NPCs later on :)

Thanks!

---------------Chaos_Kuja----------------

SERVER FRÉMIR IN LAST STAGE UP A.S.A I FIGURE OUT ROUTER PROBLEM!

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
So you've made a whole server without knowledge of NPCs? =S There is a guide that someone made in the help section here, and I remember Blaminator posted all the commands we have in NPCs aswell. But you would do the script like this :

[@main]
#SAY
Welcome to Ginko Tree Valley.\\

<Exit./@exit>

Save that as Welcome-(insert map number here without the brackets). Then put that in the NPC_Def folder in Mir200. Open up the NPC Info .txt and add him to the bottom and follow the same things as other NPCs. Place him on the co-ords and map you want him and then find the looks of a WT or WG from your NPC.wil and put that as his looks.

Upvote 0

chaos_kuja

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 21, 2005
United Kingdom
Ok Either I'm extremely dumb or I did something wrong when I made that :S
I put in as you said and the co-ordinates x623 y321 But still no good :S I must be putting it in wrong palce or its that Npc_info.txt because in that file some of it is not translated so it is very difficult I will post that file and you put in what i should have name the ******* character thats standing there Camerio and put any race type for now please..?

I have paper round Now must dash!:doggy!:

Thanks for trying

Attachments

• Npcs.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 45
Upvote 0

chaos_kuja

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 21, 2005
United Kingdom
It's called server help yet no one helps much lol.....
Ok forget NPCs for now Just someone who knwos hwo to forward ports 7000 7100 and 7200 on a router to my ISP without havign to input that password and username thingy when you try to access it because I don't have a clue how and neither does my dad and he's smarter than me O.H.

E-mai lis [email protected] if it's logn winded and you want to tell me it on Messenger Thanks

--------------Chaos_Kuja--------------

Upvote 0

ToxicBadger

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 28, 2004
London
{This is how to do it for 1.4 if thats what your using otherwise I don't know how :P}
Rofl I'm 14 don't diss the age it rocks. Anyhow I'd advise you to use Mirserver editor theres a link somewhere in the 1.4 links. Use that open npc table I find it easiest just to take an old NPC your not using any more change the name of the NPC but not the tag and go to C:/{directory of server}/mir200/envir/market_def
look for the tag name of the NPC that you just changed and change the number at the end e.g -0 to -<map> where the npc is then click view/edit script and put your new script in there and thanks the the handy help of mse { mir server editor} you can change the looks and see what the look is - just keep searching through the looks till you find the one you want and press save changes and voila - I really hope your doing a 1.4 cos otherwise I just wasted my time explaining rofl :S

Upvote 0

chaos_kuja

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 21, 2005
United Kingdom
Yes I have Mir 1.4 files but I have never made a server before and since 5% of the files I have are untranslated Its difficult to know where it all goes plus you probably got that from a guide I need it in Lamens terms - Drunk person IQ level please??

Upvote 0

Rebel

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2004
Essex, England
Haven't done this in a long time so may be wrong but:

First of all take an old npc file from ?:\Mirserver\Mir200\Envir\Npc_def and copy it to the same directory. Rename it to 'NPCName-MapName/Number'. For example to put an NPC in Bichon Province rename it 'Welcome-0'.

Now to script the NPC. Put the following in this file:

[@main]
#SAY
Welcome to [Insert Server Name]!\
<Thanks/@exit>

Then open Npcs.txt in ?:\Mirserver\Mir200\Envir

Put the following at the bottom:

Welcome 0 [Map Number] [Insert X Coord] [Insert Y Coord] 0 [Look of NPC (Dunno which is WT)]

For example:

Welcome 0 0 330 270 0 8

(Bichon Wall Safe Zone)

Upvote 0

chaos_kuja

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 21, 2005
United Kingdom
Dude that worked Thanks very much!!

All I need though is the number of a Woomataurus race and btw If no monsters appear normally whats the problem with files??

Upvote 0

chaos_kuja

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 21, 2005
United Kingdom
Did that and it works Thanks Only problem with my server now is this Bloody IP thing I've forwarded my Local IP as told to and my other PC on the LAN can conenct but no one over the Internet Can. And I'm trying to figure out fault Please help GM reward for the one who solves it Thanks!

------------Chaos_Kuja-------------

Upvote 0

SaBaR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 5, 2003
you have to go through all your mir server ini files
any ip address that hass a port number next to it u put your internet IP
the rest can be your LAN ip
for example

in some ini files you will need to do the following.
192.168.0.1 80.266.0.1:7200 (this IP was made up)

remember if theres no port number next to an ip address you leave it as you LAN ip

Upvote 0

chaos_kuja

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 21, 2005
United Kingdom
So sorry Right in every file of my mirserver folder If it says 127.0.0.1 I change it to? If it has for example 127.0.0.1:7100 I change it to? And where I put my LAN Ip i am only 14years old very tired I've been hacking at this for 8hours Keep the help coming Im sure Im almost done.

----------------Chaos_Kuja-------------------

Upvote 0

chaos_kuja

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 21, 2005
United Kingdom
If I wanted to make an NPC look like a Skeleton what number I put in for image?
Example: Administrator is 8 so whats Skeleton?

Im doing a quest please reply

-----------Chaos_Kuja------------

Upvote 0

••Ðøåkÿ••

Too cool to post :)
Golden Oldie
Apr 12, 2004
Load up mir server editor

Load npcs

Click one of the npcs name ......

Click edit and go up or down on the skin and then select which 1 u want then save it at the top :) need any more help

Upvote 0

Tkonian

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 2, 2003
South Yorkshire. England.
right, to find out a MOB looks.

You'll need a LOMImageViewer for this.

You'll have to check each MON file. They are in the <client>\DATA folder ie (c:\LegendOfMir\Data\)

They are numbered from MON1-MON23 (or at least on 1.9 files they are - might go as far as MON20 on 1.4 files)

The way it works is you take 1 from the file and mob.

forexample if the MOB is in MON15 and it's the 4 MOB, the it's number 143
if it's in MON3, first MOB - image would be 20.

Only difference is on MON1, where you don't use the first number.
BichonGuards are in MON1 and they are first MOB in the file. that would be 00. But since two 0 would be redudant you just put 0.

Get it? I not very good at explaining stuff. I like to just get on do, so never get pracrise at "teaching". If you don't understand, I'll try again.

Upvote 0

stan

right, to find out a MOB looks.

You'll need a LOMImageViewer for this.

You'll have to check each MON file. They are in the <client>\DATA folder ie (c:\LegendOfMir\Data\)

They are numbered from MON1-MON23 (or at least on 1.9 files they are - might go as far as MON20 on 1.4 files)

The way it works is you take 1 from the file and mob.

forexample if the MOB is in MON15 and it's the 4 MOB, the it's number 143
if it's in MON3, first MOB - image would be 20.

Only difference is on MON1, where you don't use the first number.
BichonGuards are in MON1 and they are first MOB in the file. that would be 00. But since two 0 would be redudant you just put 0.

Get it? I not very good at explaining stuff. I like to just get on do, so never get pracrise at "teaching". If you don't understand, I'll try again.

Why not just use MSE , easier , simpler and faster to use.

Upvote 0