Official - Measures

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
What confuses me the most, is they are email and priv messaging certain people.... and most wont even go

But if they just did an event where they said for 1 week only if you come join start level will be level 50, and you will get free power rings etc etc

Im sure they would gain loads of users like that, a lot more than offering ppl stuff via pms lol

either way, i dont believe it until i see them actualyl give this stuff away

That will just get loads of people wh ocreate a new accoumt play for an hour then never return, making it pointless.

They are aiming at mir players who will join, play and also pay for pot cash.

Liandrin2

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jan 14, 2004
The fact they're keeping it all confidential is dodgy as hell.

Has anybody linked some of their responses to their forums yet?

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
It will end badly either way... and I feel a bit sorry for them because let's face it, virtually no one from here is gonna stick around of their server are they.

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
I think there very desperate atm and this is probably one of the last final attempts to revive there server, as there other game there hosting is closing at the end of the month and with mir only getting 200 odd users at most peak time, i can't see them continuing with mir by the time new year comes. It's there own fault though as soon as they brought out those pot cash boxes lots quit and with there constant battle with cheats who in there right mind would want to play even with a char lvl 50/70 kitted character. First they should sort the cheats out then come to us asking us to join but in the state there server is in right now... i lol at them.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I was just reading that thread, theres so much rageing going on its unreal, why do they still play the game if they hate it that much lol... oh and Mia/Daves replys are always funny, how he talks to them about changing npc scripts and stuff, guy hasnt got a clue i swear ~.~

a lot of hate on there towards me also.. good times

a lot of ppl are right tho, they should focus on sorting the cheats, if it was cheat-free i bet a lot more ppl would play that over priv servers

Daz317

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 19, 2007
I was just reading that thread, theres so much rageing going on its unreal, why do they still play the game if they hate it that much lol... oh and Mia/Daves replys are always funny, how he talks to them about changing npc scripts and stuff, guy hasnt got a clue i swear ~.~

a lot of hate on there towards me also.. good times

a lot of ppl are right tho, they should focus on sorting the cheats, if it was cheat-free i bet a lot more ppl would play that over priv servers

The main problem is mirmyth, I really wish they could sort it.. its really got out of hand.
Staff say they don't know how to block it & are appealing for some help regarding it. They say they would block it if they knew how but simply don't know enough about it.

Is there a simple way to block it?

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
no way to block it but could probs detect it with a good anti cheat but they wont invest in a decent anti cheat cos they dont make enuff

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
they added a event to invite and mate and get a kit and added evilmir now

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
yer i just read about that iceman, if u invite a friend and they get level 35+ you can win mirsword/armour .. seems a little insane to me, but wouldnt suprise me if mir items went into gameshop and they become common as ne thing like the lvl 43 weaps + heaven armours.

Also they could do loads of things to stop the cheats, like check if the mirmyth program is running, and if it is auto ban the character, or just close mir.. im sure theres plenty of players thatwould send the staff mirmyth so they could look at it.

thing is tho, as its offical mir the ppl that code the cheats will always make new cheats everytime they are blocked... so staff just dont bother i guess... cant blame em

Hany

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 28, 2005
There's too many fixes to block mir cheats lol, but you will never be able to block it forever you'll just have to update your anti cheat like every month.

Hany

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 28, 2005
Thing is on private servers, we don't really care who uses cheats lol, it's always easy to catch cheaters, hell much more easier if you have the source, matt added a little check in our source to catch "speed" cheaters thats beside the .dll we have, i mean theres always a way to block cheats, and theres always a way to creat new cheats, you'll just have to renew your anti cheat everynow and then.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
From just like 1 or 2 threads on LOMCN i've learned that a LOT of people on USA use MirMyth. My guess is that they don't want to block the cheats, sure they might get a few more people if they did, but i'm guessing that loads of people will probably quit when they find out they have to do everything themselves.

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Get a mate to level 35 and you get mir armour/wep? Seriously? Level 35 takes like a day solo if you're committed, probably a couple of hours if you have a high level leveling you lol.

And I thought some private servers were complete fail, this takes it to a whole new level.

/Nymph

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Maybe they should just give in to the cheats and create a built in bot :P

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
Got a level 50 with the worst kit ive seen.

No thanks.