*** [OldSkool] - [2.3] - [Med/HgihRate] - [DediHost] ***

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord

witty

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 7, 2008
Just thought i'd post here. I played OS pretty much from the start. Became the highest Tao (2nd Highest but best kit. Somthing like that) Then decided to quit.

Wanted to come back but after going on the server a day or 2 ago i realised its impossible to catch people up on there or even get close to there gear. How could a server expect to grow past a sertain point when people start hitting rebirth and such?? Pretty annoying. The only way it can go is a wipe or run out of people in the end?

Shouldnt there be some sort of mile stone where the server restarts? or opens a new server for people to flood into? i dont know.

I may seem abit thick on this, but i cant believe a server can hit a point where its stupid for people to even think about playing it due to how high and good some people are? I mean dont get me wrong, I love high rate i wouldnt play anything else. Just seems abit pointless now i cant even go back on a server.

/witty

Paul

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2008
tryed to download it but site seems to be down :( for the download anyway :cray:

Gh0sty

LOMCN n00bie
Jan 20, 2004
me n a freind will be on this 2morro i think, sounds nice :)....

Deadlyvisage - (Not decided on class yet)

Gladiator

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2003
Shall be on today at some point.

Where's best place to go when you start off etc?

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
if they've reached it, why cant u?..

u quit and ppl over took u, seems u aint happy about that.

Donations, or countless hours playing.
If you can't afford to spend over several hours a day playing, and you can't afford to donate to the server. Then you won't reach the highest level again.
Therefore witty is right, it limits the server for newcomers. Hence some players (such as myself) left, and others may moan etc.

It's regarding the server, and a response to the server owners blatantly daft post, on topic.

*Edit*
Before anyone misunderstands my post, i have no issue with people spending time committing to a server. It was simply a response to witty's post, and also my own grudge against the whole donation subject. Something which is taboo on other servers, but unfortunately is regularly over looked here.

Last edited:

TheBoss

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Middlesbrough
Thread Cleaned ... Any one else found spamming in this thread will recive a warning .. If you have any complaints please USE his forum ..

Thanks
TB

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Just thought i'd post here. I played OS pretty much from the start. Became the highest Tao (2nd Highest but best kit. Somthing like that) Then decided to quit.

Wanted to come back but after going on the server a day or 2 ago i realised its impossible to catch people up on there or even get close to there gear. How could a server expect to grow past a sertain point when people start hitting rebirth and such?? Pretty annoying. The only way it can go is a wipe or run out of people in the end?

Shouldnt there be some sort of mile stone where the server restarts? or opens a new server for people to flood into? i dont know.

I may seem abit thick on this, but i cant believe a server can hit a point where its stupid for people to even think about playing it due to how high and good some people are? I mean dont get me wrong, I love high rate i wouldnt play anything else. Just seems abit pointless now i cant even go back on a server.

/witty

He's right btw incase most of you havn't noticed, i dont know when, but soon this server will die out (however what could happen is it could stay at just a stable 100 - however these people are the ppl who've been playing since the start / Donators) Im sure loads of people are leaving by the week and tbh new people who join will sooner or later get bored/realise they'll never catch up and with no noobies to compete with you dont have a normal server, you have a server with Everybody reborn with uber kits and u'll find updates end up being just for them etc etc....

I wouldnt usually post on this thread (dont think i have till now) but it's just clear in the future this will happen. Personally i do hope im wrong but, its that gut feeling lol.

Either way - wether its gunna become crap or not - enjoy your time their.

Retired/hacked (lol twice now)

/Sephiroth << Original not the **** Bart /MaffisWadger << Played for like a month, now **** Bart plays. Yes. He's a Cee U N Tee.

Have Fun.

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
its post like that which annoy me

u clearly dont play, so why would u even care what the user count is or what is goin to happen to it?
therefore ur post is simply to flame and put the server down, which is uncalled for

usercount can be ne thing between 150-220, which it has been for the past 7months, i dont see wot the problem is really. ive made it a lot easier to get to lvl 70 now for new ppl joinin to help them catch up

the milestone crap hes on about is bollox, euros been up like 5-7 years, old ppl get to a point they cba ne more and quit, new ppl start playin. there does come a point where lvlin becomes rly hard, this is to give every1 else a chance to catch up. lvlin is not hard, catchin up is not hard... ive seen a legit person rebirth to 80 within a week, majority of ppl sit in town goin 'cba to lvl its 2 hard' cause they are lazy.

cause of posts like that, thats why i cba to get ur account back for u

and lets get it straight, u was never hacked... u shared ur account... quit many times and slag server off, makin me not wanna bother helpin ;)

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

u clearly dont play, so why would u even care what the user count is or what is goin to happen to it?
therefore ur post is simply to flame and put the server down, which is uncalled for

usercount can be ne thing between 150-220, which it has been for the past 7months, i dont see wot the problem is really. ive made it a lot easier to get to lvl 70 now for new ppl joinin to help them catch up

the milestone crap hes on about is bollox, euros been up like 5-7 years, old ppl get to a point they cba ne more and quit, new ppl start playin. there does come a point where lvlin becomes rly hard, this is to give every1 else a chance to catch up. lvlin is not hard, catchin up is not hard... ive seen a legit person rebirth to 80 within a week, majority of ppl sit in town goin 'cba to lvl its 2 hard' cause they are lazy.

and lets get it straight, u was never hacked... u shared ur account... quit many times and slag server off, makin me not wanna bother helpin ;)

Oh i do love it when you share your oh so lovely true colours bon, as a matter of fact i wasnt "Putting down" your server at all, i was simply saying from my own view, thats how it was gunna end - IN THE FUTURE. This could be a year for all i care, right now ur server's fine.

Im well aware of the fact people are lazy and go "oh cba 2 lvl blahblahblah" but if u think about it, that "1 legit guy" is 1 in 200 lol. Anyway, before you go misjudging my post again and assuming it's a flame, im just gunna leave you with your own thoughts on the matter and if u look at the last post, it's not like i ended it with "kthxbye **** you" now is it?

So because of my own gut feeling opinion and even a small complement, its because of THAT i dont get my char back? The logic in that bewilders me.

Slagged server off? lol i loved OldSkool for ages, yea, i was pissed off a few times after being hacked, but i never blamed the server. Just the retard who hacked me lol. Yes i shared my account with a dick, THE FIRST TIME (Sephiroth) which was retarded but because of Q n A's i got him back. However MaffisWadger (UC's Char, which if he'd bother to get on MSN i'd talk to him over the matter about ownership) Wasnt hacked, you gave Bart the password (why i still dont know, and forum posting me saying "why should i care, im playing diff servers arnt u?" is like saying to me, Hey why should you care this guy gets the countless (and now void and pointless) hours into that char, spent ages getting it kit and making friends under that character name?

Aka - a retarded question.

I quit twice, Once after Sephiroth, and now. And like i said, i dont slag off your server personally, infact ive said many a time "OldSkool owns" etc and im sure ive said "OldSkool's boring sometimes -.-" because thats how i feel sometimes, and if you'd actually look at my posts thoroughly before quickly scanning it then replying, you'd realise im an average player, with same old thoughts as every1 else, NOT slagging your server off.

But none of this matters now, if you feel that bad about it, sorry for posting my opinion on what the future may hold for OldSkool and sorry on wishing you and your players to have fun nonetheless.. ?

Have a nice day :)

- It was never my intention to start an arguement with you. Sorry if it looked that way.

Last edited:

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006

This is why people flame your thread ben.
Many of us loved your server, i've said this countless times.

It's your attitude we don't like, you won't get his account back because he passed a comment!? It's like you banning me on the forums for passing a comment about the donation issue. That's similar the rants you have at JayZ for his banning of donators etc. You get rid of players that loved, and helped your server in it's early stages? But if it was a donator...? Hah!

I still pass comment as i knew this server in it's prime, and personally wouldn't mind seeing or hearing of resolutions as maybe one day i'd like it to still be up and competitve, worth coming back too (as i've already commented.. again).
I think that's fair cop, but we all know Ben will just spout some crap in response all the while he's on this godly ego trip.
/Gandi

Resol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 20, 2008
LOMCN, duh
He's right btw incase most of you havn't noticed, i dont know when, but soon this server will die out (however what could happen is it could stay at just a stable 100 - however these people are the ppl who've been playing since the start / Donators) Im sure loads of people are leaving by the week and tbh new people who join will sooner or later get bored/realise they'll never catch up and with no noobies to compete with you dont have a normal server, you have a server with Everybody reborn with uber kits and u'll find updates end up being just for them etc etc....

I wouldnt usually post on this thread (dont think i have till now) but it's just clear in the future this will happen. Personally i do hope im wrong but, its that gut feeling lol.

Either way - wether its gunna become crap or not - enjoy your time their.

Retired/hacked (lol twice now)

/Sephiroth << Original not the **** Bart /MaffisWadger << Played for like a month, now **** Bart plays. Yes. He's a Cee U N Tee.

Have Fun.

100% spot on.

I played along with Seph (I was Hated1), stopped for like 1 month and didnt have a chance.

Gf OldSkool.

BrAp

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 1, 2008
I don't like to agreee....... because it's brilliant server, but i have to as... it's impossiable to catch up inless you geek 10 hours a day every day... or donate.

Good server tho.