OldSkool Mir (v2) - Release 20th January 7pm

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Important
Recent reports of user count alterations (Under review 08/04/23)

Item selling fees have increased to 20% from 10% at launch.

Lose

Banned
Banned
Aug 13, 2020
Some crazy new systems, really pushing Mir2 to it's limit here.. good luck with launch!

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Nice ideas here to be honest.

One thing makes me curious. So I guess that you store and trade (buy/sell) stuff through a smart contract and all those NFTs belong to the smart contract if I m not mistaken.

Does that mean every nft/item traded through smart contract, you get a percent inside it everytime a thing gets traded? beside the gas fees

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
Lost me at crypto and then you really lost me at auto hunting lol
Crypto won’t change anything for normal players, it’s just something there… auto combat = npc lvling, so you will get pked so some won’t use too much prob

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Crypto won’t change anything for normal players, it’s just something there… auto combat = npc lvling, so you will get pked so some won’t use too much prob
When you have 20GBP in your pocket, tomorow is still 20GBP.

When you have a NFT of OldSkool which is worth 2000 (which we presume is 20GBP) tokens from this PolygonMatic and somehow tomorow a whale sells 2bilion tokens to the open market, your 2000 tokens wont have the 20gbp value and it may decrease.

Ofcourse Bon has no fault in this situation. You may either be lucky and the token value increase tomorow or decrease. Pure lottery.

Its interesting tbh.

xXxLegendxXx

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 26, 2019
View attachment 29916

Discord: https://discord.gg/uCMx4GHXmU

Basic Server Info:
Start level: 1
Level Cap: 100 (soft cap) / Paragon Level cap: 500
Classes: Warrior, Wizard, Taoist, Assassin

Play to Earn! Buy or Sell items as well as Characters!

We have integrated with the crypto POLYGON MATIC to bring safe trading of in game assets via the crypto market place.
Consign your item in game where it will then be transferred to your Web Wallet Storage.
From here, you can then choose to register it for sale, or withdraw it back in game. View attachment 29920

To be able to Buy and Sell you will need to Register and link your MetaMask Wallet - more info on MetaMask Wallets can be found here: Once you are linked, you can register your item in MATIC
View attachment 29922

Once listed you will then find your item, or character, on the market place https://oldskoolmir.com/marketplace
View attachment 29923

AutoCombat + AutoCast
An MMORPG is fun for many reasons, but one thing that isn't that fun is the mindless grinding (at least for some).
For that reason we have added an Auto Combat and Auto Cast system. Both are separate systems but work well together.
Auto Combat ~ once enabled, your character will roam the map attacking nearby monsters. Once dead it'll search for new mobs, simple!
Auto Cast ~ once enabled, your character will auto cast this spell when it feels its appropriate. Note: Not all spells have auto cast enabled.

Its worth noting that although these auto systems are in game, it is still far more efficient to play the game manually!
View attachment 29927

Item Enhancement

Gather up Enhancement stones and use up to 5 of them to boost the success rate of enhancing an item.
For every level of successful enhancement an item will gain 1-1 extra stat. (E.g. if the item has DC and MC on it, it will gain 1-1 of both DC and MC)
View attachment 29917

Codex
The Codex will provide endless content for everyone. Find the required items and gain permanent base stats towards your character.
Some items require certain Enhancement levels!
View attachment 29918

InnerForces
Through the Codex system you will be able to choose and register Inner Tokens to gain permanent base stats.
There are 3 categories to complete; InnerForce / InnerStrength / InnerPower
These items are obtained from certain areas, meaning you will need to explore and hunt different types of areas rather than just stick to your favourite EXP spot. Diversify and thrive!
The Inner Codex gives you 4 choices to choose from... with each stage getting progressively harder to keep gaining that same stat.
View attachment 29919

New Currency - BloodSteel + PvP Content ~ BichonWall + Serpent Wall
We've introduced a new currency called BloodSteel that is only obtainable through mining.
A single Guild will be able to take over/control the mine and earn a % yield from all the BloodSteel that is mined in that territory.
There are 2 mines to control; Bichon and Serpent. A clan can only hold 1 of these conquests.
BloodSteel is used in any type of combining or crafting that you perform

New Stats for your character!
View attachment 29926

Other features that have featured in the previous version of OldSkool Mir:
-Item ReRoll

Reroll your item at a chance for gaining added stats, better rarity, or added Sockets.

-Item Grade / Rarity
All equipable items will drop with a default grade of common, however they have a chance to upgrade their grade (and their stats).
The grades are; Common -> Rare - > Epic -> Legendary -> Mythical -> Godly
View attachment 29924
Grade upgrade can be done via the Re-roll NPC / Lucky drop / Quality Orbs

-Mob + Boss levels
All mobs / Bosses can spawn randomly between level 0 ~ 10. Lv.9 + 10 mobs/bosses have unique extra drops and are considered extra dangerous.
With every level upgrade of a monster, its stats, EXP and Drop rate increases.

-Gain / Loss of EXP on PK
As with the previous server, when you Opt in to PK Status you will be able to steal EXP from your victim when you kill them. This will only work if both parties (Killer and Victim) have enabled the PK System. If 1 of the parties is not enabled, no EXP is loss or gained.

I'll continue to update this post with more content.
This is so fcking hype and good, but mate you've lost me with these new systems I can't understand ****, and the majority of people probably won't xD

I request you like explain that system in small words and better detail so even a 12 year old could understand

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I’ll give a more detailed reply later, but those saying your not going to play because it has crypto and/or auto play is rather sad.

These systems don’t define the server, they are just additional features that enhance the game and are optional like most things.

For those that don’t understand crypto, no problem I’ll happily explain. It’s not complicated. Everyone is going to have their opinion and rather than argue about it I’d say just do your own research.

Yes crypto is volatile and it can go up and down like any investment. However if you simple sell your item into crypto and immediately cash out then the volatility of the token means nothing… so the post above about it being a gamble or price changing in a moment is irrelevant.

Simply think of it like a safe way to trade your items for real life currency, and crypto is the technology that makes that happen.

Anyway enjoy your Boxing Day I’ll reply more later

tha4thface

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2009
I’ll give a more detailed reply later, but those saying your not going to play because it has crypto and/or auto play is rather sad.

These systems don’t define the server, they are just additional features that enhance the game and are optional like most things.

For those that don’t understand crypto, no problem I’ll happily explain. It’s not complicated. Everyone is going to have their opinion and rather than argue about it I’d say just do your own research.

Yes crypto is volatile and it can go up and down like any investment. However if you simple sell your item into crypto and immediately cash out then the volatility of the token means nothing… so the post above about it being a gamble or price changing in a moment is irrelevant.

Simply think of it like a safe way to trade your items for real life currency, and crypto is the technology that makes that happen.

Auto play doesn’t define Mir? It’s the same as AFK levelling.

xXxLegendxXx

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 26, 2019

Dont worry we will play but we want to understand what crypto is and how it works quite confused atm

Lose

Banned
Banned
Aug 13, 2020
Nice ideas here to be honest.

One thing makes me curious. So I guess that you store and trade (buy/sell) stuff through a smart contract and all those NFTs belong to the smart contract if I m not mistaken.

Does that mean every nft/item traded through smart contract, you get a percent inside it everytime a thing gets traded? beside the gas fees
"A validator is entitled to charge any commission rate. The minimum commission would be 0% and the maximum commission would be 100% of the rewards earned.

You are allowed to change the commission rates as many times as you would like."

Not very familiar with NFTs myself, but I think this means he's allowed to charge whatever commission he wants of any transaction?

Certainly safer than PayPal.

• Wow
Reactions: zedina

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Auto play doesn’t define Mir? It’s the same as AFK levelling.
Auto combat in Mir is different to other games mostly because on Mir there is huge risk to dieing and you can lose items, gold and blood steel.

So if you think everyone is going to afk level with auto combat I’d say you’re wrong.
1) they’ll eventually get pked
2) they’ll eventually run out of bag space, dura, pots etc so even if they do afk it won’t be for long

If you don’t want to play because of auto combat honestly that’s fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you’ll be missing out 🤷‍♂️
just seems like another way for a GM that is known for making money and heavily p2w servers to make even more money.

people buying mir box for 10 dildo coins?
Don’t worry you won’t be missed 😂
When you have 20GBP in your pocket, tomorow is still 20GBP.

When you have a NFT of OldSkool which is worth 2000 (which we presume is 20GBP) tokens from this PolygonMatic and somehow tomorow a whale sells 2bilion tokens to the open market, your 2000 tokens wont have the 20gbp value and it may decrease.

Ofcourse Bon has no fault in this situation. You may either be lucky and the token value increase tomorow or decrease. Pure lottery.

Its interesting tbh.
This isn’t really true. Is £20 from 1990 stil worth £20 today? No it’s not because of inflation and governments printing more money.
1 Bitcoin will always be worth 1 Bitcoin because no more can be created.

Anyway, this thread should not be able crypto or investments or finances. Can a mod remove these types of comments or provide a warning? If people want to discus crypto do it on the appropriate sections

Crypto is merely being used as a payment method for peer to peer trading in a sage and reliable manor. If we used something like PayPal people would dispute and con each other.

And I say again, it’s an optional feature it doesn’t define the server

Last edited:

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Crypto is merely being used as a payment method for peer to peer trading in a sage and reliable manor. If we used something like PayPal people would dispute and con each other.
1st - This means you can also pull the plug and nobody would dispute the payments as crypto isnt paypal.
2nd - Government printing money isnt having the same fluctuation rate as the volatile rate of crypto - today is at the peak - tomorow is rug pull time.

3rd - You have not responded IF your smart contract takes a percent everytime a NFT / Oldskool item is being traded/changed ownership.

Crypto is all about descentalization and being total transparent - and the fact that you ask mods to inflict infraction when I simply asked about one tiny little thing its mind blowing.

I really like your concept and I don't know why you are hostile about really some curiosities.
I really like it as WeMade approached it really well on Mir4.

Reactions: TheOnlyOne and Lose

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
1st - This means you can also pull the plug and nobody would dispute the payments as crypto isnt paypal.
2nd - Government printing money isnt having the same fluctuation rate as the volatile rate of crypto - today is at the peak - tomorow is rug pull time.

3rd - You have not responded IF your smart contract takes a percent everytime a NFT / Oldskool item is being traded/changed ownership.

Crypto is all about descentalization and being total transparent - and the fact that you ask mods to inflict infraction when I simply asked about one tiny little thing its mind blowing.

I really like your concept and I don't know why you are hostile about really some curiosities.
I really like it as WeMade approached it really well on Mir4.
1 - there is no point discussing this as well probably disagree. If you think I’ll rug pull don’t play. I’ve got a history of very long term successful servers, if people think I’ll close the server after all the effort that’s gone in that’s their opinion.

2- your talking about investing in crypto tho. Investments are risky. Crypto is very volatile. So are stocks. So are many things. That’s why they are called investments.
I don’t know why we are discussing this tho? Has nothing to do with the game. You don’t have to buy or own crypto to play this game.

Also MATIC is huge with a huge market cap if you think I can affect its price you are not educated on markets.

3 - we have the ability to take a cut of the sale and will most likely take 5% as the middleman fee, but we’ll vote on discord nearer the time.
It’s no different to PayPal taking their cut for every transaction they process.

Yes your right crypto is transparent and anyone will be able to see how much money we make, can’t get more transparent than that lol. I’m not being defensive I just don’t think this thread should revolve around crypto or investing etc. it’s not relevant.

We use crypto instead of something like PayPal because 1. I believe in its tech and purpose and 2. PayPal are ****s lol

Wemade had a great concept but unfortunately they are dodgy as fk. They pump and dump their coin and manipulate the fk out of it - that’s why it got removed from exchanges.
If we developed and used our own coin like mir4 and forced people to use our coin our wallet then ye, question me all day long and stuff but we’re not. We are just using crypto as a payment method, we have no involvement with MATIC other than that

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
1 - there is no point discussing this as well probably disagree. If you think I’ll rug pull don’t play. I’ve got a history of very long term successful servers, if people think I’ll close the server after all the effort that’s gone in that’s their opinion.

2- your talking about investing in crypto tho. Investments are risky. Crypto is very volatile. So are stocks. So are many things. That’s why they are called investments.
I don’t know why we are discussing this tho? Has nothing to do with the game. You don’t have to buy or own crypto to play this game.

Also MATIC is huge with a huge market cap if you think I can affect its price you are not educated on markets.

3 - we have the ability to take a cut of the sale and will most likely take 5% as the middleman fee, but we’ll vote on discord nearer the time.
It’s no different to PayPal taking their cut for every transaction they process.

Yes your right crypto is transparent and anyone will be able to see how much money we make, can’t get more transparent than that lol. I’m not being defensive I just don’t think this thread should revolve around crypto or investing etc. it’s not relevant.

We use crypto instead of something like PayPal because 1. I believe in its tech and purpose and 2. PayPal are ****s lol

Wemade had a great concept but unfortunately they are dodgy as fk. They pump and dump their coin and manipulate the fk out of it - that’s why it got removed from exchanges.
If we developed and used our own coin like mir4 and forced people to use our coin our wallet then ye, question me all day long and stuff but we’re not. We are just using crypto as a payment method, we have no involvement with MATIC other than that
I m not stirring against anything. I respect your approach and I do hope that players will grasp more knowledge on Crypto processes ( Buy / Trade ).
I do really hope your project will succeed as its a lot in stake for other servers owners as PayPal turns more and more corrupted and power hungry.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Anyway, this thread should not be able crypto or investments or finances. Can a mod remove these types of comments or provide a warning? If people want to discus crypto do it on the appropriate sections
Personaly I feel that Crypto is ontopic for the thread, however please do keep it in line with the rules.

I won't be handing any infractions for any previous comments.

In regards to:

PayPal people would dispute and con each other.

Some server owners have experimented with Stripe which seems to have mostly stopped refunds. This was discussed in the Gamemaster Section.
I highly recommend if server owners are using a donation system or a subscription then please do use them, It's lower commision too.