only 1 processer running

Join Discord

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
Chester :P
i just checked my system info, because my laptop was running slower, and its only showing the 1 processer running, any ideas on howto get the second to run aswell ^_^.

wish i had never installed Ubuntu now. i think i might be able to get a cd off some 1 but not payin £30 for it.

ither help to get my pro working or how to get to my 2nd HDD will be alot of help

Damian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Ravagers
Game Master
Jun 13, 2003
Have you set the jumpers right for master and slave?
In the bios is it showing both of your drives?
Have you tried just using the 1 new HDD and setting it as master?

if all that fails its likely that your hdd is broke.

Warlock

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 13, 2003
Scotland, UK.
For your processor, check your Device manager.. look at the drivers you are using, are they ACPI Power Interface ACPI? If so that is your problem, now i know that using that only show on processor in CPUZ, but i dont know if it disables the processor from working.. i had this same problem, i just reinstalled windows and used ACPI Multiprocessor, alough if your playing mir you know the good old ACPI Power Interface does make you faster. alough im not sure on how it effects dual cores as i said. If anyone has any further info on this, would be nice to hear.

Your HDD is it Sata or IDE ?

Check your bio make sure its showing in there under your slave first of all.

Hope this helps.

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
Chester :P
iv got the second Pocesser working again now, it was saying installed in my Hardware But wasn't corrisponding with the first, but got it sorted now.

still cnt get the second HDD working tho :( its working fine i can see the partion when u insert a xp disk and it shows u the drives to create delete a partition, just stil lcnt get to it. according to the setup screen, its on drive (e:) but when i press run and type in in E:/ its unaccessable (common sence really)

how would i check if its working, btw i think its a Sata drive but not 100% sure how to find out, any help is much appreciated (again)

Last edited: