Opera GX browser

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
I found this some weeks ago.

Any experience and which games work best on this?

Omnibus

Banned
Banned
Dec 9, 2021
Pretty dodgy, Reports of it downloading bloatware. Handles tabs as well as Chrome (so terribly)
I shall remove it from my device in that case.

Now to learn what bloatware is. Thanks.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
I shall remove it from my device in that case.

Now to learn what bloatware is. Thanks.
It's software that can come pre-installed on your pc but it can also mean software that downloads as an extra with another program.

Like a PUP.

Reactions: Omnibus

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I found this some weeks ago.

Any experience and which games work best on this?
That is a question wrongly put, games don't work on it, it is an official branch of Opera browser customized with gamers needs in view.
As you can see here, it gives you means to curb your browser's use of computer resources while you play games. Some games demand all you can throw at them and gamers like to shut down programs that can eat resources but some like to have browser open while they are gaming and OperaGX is made for them.

These picks are of a panel that slides out from side and here you can set limit on what the browser is allowed to use, so as not to interfere with game demand as much.

1666053544315.png ---------- 1666053587043.png

It is currently my principal browser but I don't use this side of it as the games like mir2 don't matter. Actually mir3D might be a different proposition once someone hosts live server for playing. I am the type who likes to have browser open at all times so I might start using these features. I was looking for another browser a while back and chose this one because unlike Opera, it comes with spiffy themes :D and I am a sucker for nice things.

You can get portable version of it including Opera, Firefox, Chrome, Iron... and other browsers here, I prefer to have my browsers portable.

If you get programs from third parties or possibly even from the orig maker, they can contain offer to install something else during the program installation and usually you can just uncheck the option. There is usually nothing bad about it, everybody is trying to make some income. The source of portable aps I linked is completely free of anything like that, can trust it totally, that is if you trust me. ;)

Reactions: Jev