Opinion regarding gold drops

Join Discord

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
What do you prefer? gold going straight to bag or it dropping on the floor?

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Bag also, unless the piles of gold have an unlimited size and is always just 1 pile of gold you need to pick up.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Drop on the ground.
You don't need any sharing mechanics for groups.
You can leave it behind if you don't need it and noobie/poor players can come along after and reap the rewards.

Nameless

Merciless Mir 3
Dedicated Member
Aug 17, 2015
Thanks for the feedback, going with straight to bag.

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
works out as about 2 years of picking gold up from ground if you add it all up. imagine the level you could have been in them 2 years of wasted time. you can guess which one i would choose.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
works out as about 2 years of picking gold up from ground if you add it all up. imagine the level you could have been in them 2 years of wasted time. you can guess which one i would choose.
What works out as two years ?
There are no values here just ideas.
Imagine, as a noobie, running through BW mines, your first few days in game and you're penniless. Someone ahead of you is laying waste to the area purely to level TStorm or whatever, he has no interest in the few k dropping. Shouts "Help yourself" as he sees you standing in amazement at the carnage and all that glistens on the ground.
In five minutes you've picked up nearly 10k. I can remember being a noob and 10k was amazing money. It would also encourage you to carry on playing because you can see what is possible.

It's a simple example but its all part of the fun.

stupple

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2003
most player will say the bag as this mean then don't have to pick it up. and u can get rich easy. witch is common sense. but if you asking for you server then you need to thing what you gold economy you like e.g where gold is value or not so let say bag caped at 5m will be no good for auto bag so on if you get the idea.

plus item will go up lot more mean new player will found it hard to buy ideas.

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
It was a joke with the two years comment.

These sort of things do make players think about moving on or staying with the servers they play.

If gold was added to bag instead of dropped off the floor on chronicles I probably would not have thought other little problems where so big.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
The only player here with gamer soul is Ardbeg, all the rest of you are shmok

I say gold on ground, picking it up is what rpg or gaming as such is all about.

Edit: after playing purgatory server for a week - I'd say that 'above med' rate (which I think purgatory is) to 'high' rate server, gold can be autopickuped, on low to med should be picked from ground. pple new to mir shouldn't play those higher rate servers anyway.

Last edited: