Overclocking

Join Discord

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
If you know the limits of your hardware + know what your messing around with, then risk can be very low, but just randomly sliding more volts into your computer... well yea :P

Turin

ps- urban is absolutely awesome at this stuff, he'd give you pointers I believe if you can post info on what your thinking of overclocking. XD His advice ain't failed me yet. :punch:

ThaOne

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
Hollies house :)
Turin said:
If you know the limits of your hardware + know what your messing around with, then risk can be very low, but just randomly sliding more volts into your computer... well yea :P

Turin

ps- urban is absolutely awesome at this stuff, he'd give you pointers I believe if you can post info on what your thinking of overclocking. XD His advice ain't failed me yet. :punch:

hmm thx m8 i dnt av a clue about it im just lookin at this stuff.

Urban get here :)

Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
Generally speaking, messing with the FSB or HTT speed on your processor is reversable. (I say generally because there'll have been SOME idiot who fried his processor doing it).

If anything goes wrong, you just reset your CMOS, and start again.

Voltmodding, however, is where the trouble lies. That's the more dangerous aspect, but vital for increasing the FSB in a decent way. You can normally ask around to find the range of voltages you could use. More Volts = Higher FSB, normally.

Really, though, you can normally get a fair increase just by increasing your FSB/HTT.

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
If you have a basic knowledge of overclocking and you do things slowly and not hastily, then the chances of you permanently destroying something are slim to non upon the initial testing. After you've found that 'stable' sweet spot, then you just need to make sure you got a good powersupply for the long haul.

Interested in overclocking?

Speckle

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 22, 2005
i hav no idea on overclocking or how you do it but i wud like to try this on a computer i hav. Any chance sum 1 can giv me step by step guides?

ThaOne

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
Hollies house :)
untitled2ah.jpg
ther ya go.......

20 chars

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Thaone show me the ramaining slots of the SPD.

Speckle, bad news, no overclocking on that thing. Since it's a laptop, the heat output would be too much and there are no bios adjustments, just software based OC'ing in windows (don't even think they have it for your chipset, not that I would try).

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Download speedfan and prime95.
Install.
Restart.
Go into the bios and up the FSB from 100 to 110.
Go back into windows and open up prime95 and speedfan.
In prime95, options>torture test>in place large FTT's
After 10 minutes of prime95 running, post a SS of speedfan and post.

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Are reminiscent of my IT teacher, he had the side of the server open and reversed the air conditioning to blow the 3 CPUs cool lol