Patching Mir3 [information before trying server]

smoochy boys on tour

Gough

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 12, 2004
Hi,

Last time I tryed a Mir3 server I managed to get everything done except the amerello (cant remember the proper name) patch. after I tryed to get round this problem for 2 weeks someone told me that its impossible to get the patch to work on a pc that has dual core processor.

I just wanty to know if i have been given the right information (as i had to formate the computer last time from messing about with the processor)

hope someone can reply to this as i have been wanting a mir3 server for a very long time.

Gough

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
You can set the startup param to only start one proc but I can't remember how, thats how I solved this problem.

Try google :)

Upvote 0

Snailly

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 20, 2008
Liverpool
I can run mine on a dual i have no problems with it at all never have done :S works the same as any other processor as far as im aware

Upvote 0

DjDarkBoyZ

Dev
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2006
127.Ø.Ø.1
The problem is the O.S, if you use a non standard version the crack not runs and the armadillo not works properly, try with a normal "windows" and not with a (all in one) version or something prebuilded.

If you have a normal windows (like original) and a correct language setup the crack runs fine in all pc's having 1 cpu,2 cpu,4 cpu, and for a multiple hardware configurations.Be sure not have a protection software blocking or filtering some software process, try to deactivate all, disconnect from internet the server and try to crack them. ;)

I hope this helps you :) bye

Upvote 0

Gough

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 12, 2004
damn so i still wont be able to run a mir3 server just cos of the version of windows i have.

Upvote 0

gandy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2003
Ive had servers running on amd dual/quad and intel dual/quads aswell as countless single core CPU's

I posted my fix for AMD dual cores a few days ago. No idea if anyone has tried it but it works on the 2 AMD dual cores ive tried.

Also ive had it run on many versions of Windows XP/SP1/SP2/SP3 both copied and only very recently (since being appointed IT Network Manager) a legal copy.

Cant say that ive tried it on an edited windows install, i dont see how this could make too much of a difference unless edited system files and hacked dlls have been used.

Last edited:
Upvote 0