PC Fans...

smoochy boys on tour

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
I've recently upgraded my computer, and after the upgrade i've noticed my fans are constantly on, louder than ever. The only new fan iv got is the one that came with my new processor. Which obviously replaced the one on my old processor.

I thought that they'd slow down when i wasn't under load at least, and its not like i have overclocked anything. So i'm unsire whether the fans should be so loud and constantly on or what.

But its driving me insane, i've included a screenshot of speedfan.

Even when i turn my fan speeds down to 0% on speedfan they don't fully stop, not even the one mounted on the side of my case.

Thanks in advance.

/Ash

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 25

Insane

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 18, 2003
The Matrix!!
Are the fans in question attatched to the m/board or a fan controler? If they are powered direct from the PSU you cant slow them down can you? If they are attatched to a controler then it may be a faulty controler.

To be honest though, ive never been bothered by fan noise, my PC sounds like an aeroplane. 2x80mm Front fans, 2x800mm rear fans 1x120mm fan on the PSU, 1x80mm fan on the PSU, 2xHard Drive Coolers (CD Bay mounted), with 3x40mm Fans in each, My GPU fan and my 90mm Fan on my Akasa Evo CPU Cooler. All are running at full speed and personally I love it cos it pisses my wife off lol.

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
Are the fans in question attatched to the m/board or a fan controler? If they are powered direct from the PSU you cant slow them down can you? If they are attatched to a controler then it may be a faulty controler.

To be honest though, ive never been bothered by fan noise, my PC sounds like an aeroplane. 2x80mm Front fans, 2x800mm rear fans 1x120mm fan on the PSU, 1x80mm fan on the PSU, 2xHard Drive Coolers (CD Bay mounted), with 3x40mm Fans in each, My GPU fan and my 90mm Fan on my Akasa Evo CPU Cooler. All are running at full speed and personally I love it cos it pisses my wife off lol.

Well, their connected directly to the Motherboard, but i can slow them down a little with Speedfan if i put their speed to 0%, it does slow them a little.

It Doesn't bother me when im actualy active at my pc, because i'm usualy playing music, but my pc is in my room, and trying to get to sleep while i leave a download on over night is a pain in the backside.

If theres no way to slow them down then i guess i'll just have to cope. But i'd like to definatly find out befor i give up hope.

/Ash