Request people cant connect to me :S

liquidice

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 6, 2003
England
Ok guys bit of a strange one and I'm stumped.

I've been having problems setting server up online.

Opened ports 3000 and 7000, I'm using local ip in server and external file in the client ini...... This left me connect fine although no one else can connect.

I set everything up on a friends machine exactly the same way as I did mine and it worked perfectly fine..... just seems to be my machine.

would anyone be willing to take a look at it for me on team viewer..... could really use a fresh set of eyes as I'm at a stand still :(

Thanks In advance

Xandrah

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 11, 2012
I can help you out if you like, send me a pm with the teamviewer id and password.

Opened ports 3000 and 7000, I'm using local ip in server and external file in the client ini...... This left me connect fine although no one else can connect.

I set everything up on a friends machine exactly the same way as I did mine and it worked perfectly fine..... just seems to be my machine.

would anyone be willing to take a look at it for me on team viewer..... could really use a fresh set of eyes as I'm at a stand still :(

Thanks In advance

Upvote 0

Xandrah

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 11, 2012

Thanks In advance

Also set the ip to 0.0.0.0 on the server files, this means it will listen on all addresses, this could be why it was not allowing users over WAN to connect.

Fixed it for him, he had not forwarded his local address over the router.

Last edited:
Reactions: liquidice
Upvote 0