Performance Chip (Car Modification)

Join Discord

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
dont know much bout it but by what i read it sorta makes sense but for 4.50 id have doubts about it + if you have an accident you wont have time to remove it and if its found your insurance is void. and is it worth having void insurance for 0.5 seconds quicker 0-60?

AgentSmith

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 30, 2003
Sheffield (S2)
its pretty standard actually, put in a new chip which tells the engine that more air is getting into the bay so let more fuel in etc......, m8 of mine had one on his saxo worked well just increases fuel consumption, sure its the time to be using such a chip with prices at an all time high.

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
if its petrol you only get around 4bhp extra so its just a waste of petrol, if its diesel you can get up to 50bhp....

lozmuir

Former Moderator
VIP
Apr 17, 2003
Congleton, Cheshire.
No no no no no!

Dont stick it in your car, it wont do it any good. Its fooling your ECU into thinking it has more cold air getting into the engine than it actually does, have fun screwing it up. £4.75 for an apparently +20BHP? Lies.. Real piggy-back chips cost 400quid odd, and still alot of people dont trust them. Decent, safe gains cost money, you cant go cheap.

Last edited:

Floyd

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2004
No no no no no!

Dont stick it in your car, it wont do it any good. Its fooling your ECU into thinking it has more cold air getting into the engine than it actually does, have fun screwing it up. £4.75 for an apparently +20BHP? Lies.. Real piggy-back chips cost 400quid odd, and still alot of people dont trust them. Decent, safe gains cost money, you cant go cheap.

agreed!

this thing is about as usefull as the electric supercharger or the "power resistor of justice!"

all a load of ****.

Kadama

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
West Midlands, Malvern
Im going to install it for a quick run around, then take it out. Aslong as no damaged is caused once its out, i dont see no harm.

Kadama

forspinki

Legend
Legendary
Oct 23, 2006
Handan, China
seriously why bother ur gunna get 5bhp max and not even know difference till u do less miles to gallon.

u got it in so u can go '' wow meight its chipped is my 2.0L nova!!!!!''

Floyd

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2004
from what i understand is u have to cut the wires from ur ecu, so y bother? ull only end up having to bodge ur wiring back together.

@forspinki: Redtop Nova's r wiked trackday weapons..

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
mate, just don't.
for £4.95 you're not gonna get a good increase, all it will do is trick your ECU, and i believe it'll probably raise your rev limit if that!

if you're looking into modifying your car, do it the proper way not the cheap ebay way, which will more than likely damage your car.

and colonel, your first post was probably the most sensible, well thought out thing you've ever posted.
Have a cookie my chubby friend.

Last edited:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
The BHP they quote is like an "up to".

Really it will give you about +3 bhp, waste of time and money (Petrol wise).

Dont do it

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Last edited:

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
LOL, i love that auction listing..
the quotes at the bottom.. for example,
your product was great car now O-60 IN 4.2 SEC 2seconds quicker will bid again
for some reason, i doubt someone with a car that can do 0-60 in 6.2 seconds is going to be fitting £5 "performance" parts to their car...

also..
i seriously hope you were being sarcastic with this..
I'm going to fit it into my soon-to-be peugerarri
your car won't be kicking out any serious performance unless you're willing to throw some bigger bucks at, £5 on "performance" parts will get you nowhere, more often than not, it will make your perform worse with that cheap **** on it..
think about a full GTI-6 conversion, the engine, suspension,brakes, and ofc gearbox, and definately put some 306 GTI-6 cyclone wheels on there, they look good..
and please..please (although after your latest ebay purchase i can see you doing this) DONT put a huge spoiler on it, don't try and fit the biggest possible wheels, making it look like a tractor, or plastic crap bodykits...unless you're making it wide arched..mmmm

keep it subtle;)

Last edited:

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
LOL, i love that auction listing..
the quotes at the bottom.. for example,

for some reason, i doubt someone with a car that can do 0-60 in 6.2 seconds is going to be fitting £5 "performance" parts to their car...

also..
i seriously hope you were being sarcastic with this..

your car won't be kicking out any serious performance unless you're willing to throw some bigger bucks at, £5 on "performance" parts will get you nowhere, more often than not, it will make your perform worse with that cheap **** on it..
think about a full GTI-6 conversion, the engine, suspension,brakes, and ofc gearbox, and definately put some 306 GTI-6 cyclone wheels on there, they look good..
and please..please (although after your latest ebay purchase i can see you doing this) DONT put a huge spoiler on it, don't try and fit the biggest possible wheels, making it look like a tractor, or plastic crap bodykits...unless you're making it wide arched..mmmm

keep it subtle;)
i agree you dont put big spoiler's on car's unless it's got alot of power but no grip. ive got a ROVER 25 3door. and it's got the MG ZR body kit + Spoiler it aint over done but its jsut right. all it needs now is some ZR alloy's people say it looks crap but hey ZR's are nice. i can change the grill boot + side logo's into MG but i dont want to. the engine in my car is a 1.4 standard 2003 MG ZR thinking about buying a Sport's air filter but i dont really see the point

/ancient

Floyd

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2004
i agree you dont put big spoiler's on car's unless it's got alot of power but no grip. ive got a ROVER 25 3door. and it's got the MG ZR body kit + Spoiler it aint over done but its jsut right. all it needs now is some ZR alloy's people say it looks crap but hey ZR's are nice. i can change the grill boot + side logo's into MG but i dont want to. the engine in my car is a 1.4 standard 2003 MG ZR thinking about buying a Sport's air filter but i dont really see the point

/ancient

please dont tell me u got an engine conversion done from the rover 1.4 valver to the mg 1.4 valver...