Personal licences and festivals

D4N0

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2007
Right, i have been offered my personal licence for rather cheep. but i was talking to my general manager last night and he said that if i do actually go ahead and get it i can make a lot of money in festivals.

either by selling my own alcohol or selling alcohol for a company but eiter way iv been loocking on the net and cant find any real information on the matter,

anyone had a pervious experience on this matter and can maybe help out a little?

mapadale

A "Personal License" or what used to be the NLC "National Licensing Certificate", can be used from town too town, however it doesn't permit you to sell booze at festivals, only if you are working for a company. Festivals and Gigs are a whole new ball game with regards to licensing.

With things like Gigs and Festivals, you have to meet a certain criteria to get the license for that event, as its a "Personal Events License" and not a "Personal License". You also have to have a Premise Supervisor as well, this will be the one who holds the events license.

All a "Personal License" means, is that you can move from venue to venue as a licensee and run that venue if I remember rightly (been a couple of years sice I was in trade) for no more than 3 month, by which time the premise has to have a full license, or continuely if a premise supervisor is available.

The below might actually help you understand what the "Personal License" is.

What is a Personal License

And to add as well, you need to have at least completed one of these before you go for your license.

D4N0

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2007
Thanks for the reply mate but I do know what a personal licence is and a premises supervisor is etc but its not that I'm
Asking, I know I can make money with the licence for a different company, but I also know about a TEN if you have a licence I have been told that I would be permitted to sell my own drinks - any help on that?

mapadale

As a personal license holder, that is what you are authorised to do and thats sell booze. What I'm saying is, you can't use a personal license at an event or festival without a personal events license for the licensed premise and You can only use a personal license as a single license, to run a pub/bar/club for a short preiod of time, while the main license is being applied for.

So yes in short you can, but only on a temp basis and no for events/gigs/festivals, without a personal events license.

D4N0

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2007
thanks both. theres not really much information on the web for what im actually after - ill talk to my GM tonight and see if he can help out a little bit

mapadale

Speak to your local college, as most offer it as a qaulification.