Pet system.

Join Discord

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Here is a layout of my new pet system thats in development.

Solo-Hunting

Summon, rent or tame your pet. The pet system window will display your pets stats, with a view of your pet inside the window so you can see where your pet(s) are and what they are upto.

Displaying HP, SC, MC, DC, AC, MAC and level. If tamed/rented time left before un-taming.

Solo Pet attacking options
Aggressive - Attack anything in-sight, including players.
Defensive - Attack only upon the owner being attacked or the pet itself being attacked.
Peaceful - Attack monsters in-sight (aggresive and non-aggresive).
Gathering - Pickup items dropped from monsters you kill.

Maybe supportive - Im thinking of making certain monsters supportive types where they can heal every so often giving tiny buffs. Of course will need to be balanced.

Group hunting
Summon, rent or tame your pet. The pet system window will display your pets stats, with a view of your pet inside the window so you can see where your pet(s) are and what they are upto.

Displaying HP, SC, MC, DC, AC, MAC and level. If tamed/rented time left before un-taming.

Group Pet attacking options
Aggressive - Attack anything in-sight, including players (not grouped players).
Defensive - Attack only upon the owner or group player being attacked or the pet itself being attacked.
Protect - Proctect members of the group.

NOTE: Unsure about item picking up in groups unless i change grouping system which i prob will to disdribute items through the group, member by member.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Last edited:

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
I suggest you hurry up and code it :P Then show us some nice screenshots.

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
not sure about the group attck where it attacks anything in sight including un grped players this could result in alot of unwanted pk points lol. other than that it seems sweet. (Y).

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Yea but the attack mode by default would always be peaceful. To change attack modes into Aggresive would need to be done through the window only. The others can be changed with the CTRL shortcut.

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
Yea but the attack mode by default would always be peaceful. To change attack modes into Aggresive would need to be done through the window only. The others can be changed with the CTRL shortcut.

Spoken in quite depth alot of idea's i've had.

Think the aggresive thing shouldn't be done, if anything a extra AI to attack anything u attack.

As alot of the time, you attack someone and your pets only help after they've hit you back.

Don't call the one that attacks monsters peaceful, as its still far from peaceful

Sdown Xander!

/Ash

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Its not unleashed neither. I have used the Unleased and Mir07 codes as a base and re-written alot. I've only just got back in-game with my new version which if you want to put a name to it would prob be... Unleashed Mir07.

Good because I think the unleashed files will be near as good if not better then DM2.

Wrong they will be better. =p

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
Its not unleashed neither. I have used the Unleased and Mir07 codes as a base and re-written alot. I've only just got back in-game with my new version which if you want to put a name to it would prob be... Unleashed Mir07.

Wrong they will be better. =p

They will be brother, Just rely on Jesus and everything will be all A OK.

6 Cided Phenominoms!

/Ash

Perebble

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 11, 2006
www.atomicide.com
Here is a layout of my new pet system thats in development.

Solo-Hunting

Solo Pet attacking options
Aggressive - Attack anything in-sight, including players.
Defensive - Attack only upon the owner being attacked or the pet itself being attacked.
Gathering - Pickup items dropped from monsters you kill.

Maybe supportive - Im thinking of making certain monsters supportive types where they can heal every so often giving tiny buffs. Of course will need to be balanced.

Group hunting

Group Pet attacking options
Aggressive - Attack anything in-sight, including players (not grouped players).
Defensive - Attack only upon the owner or group player being attacked or the pet itself being attacked.
Protect - Proctect members of the group.

NOTE: Unsure about item picking up in groups unless i change grouping system which i prob will to disdribute items through the group, member by member.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Only thing I want to add is a "Follow" stance.

You may or many not know how annoying it can be when pets run off killing things when you just want them to follow you.

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Seems alot like the system atom and i started coding a while back.

http://www.level me.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6&d=1176660353

To-do List

• Advanced Pet Control - Started
Advanced pet control gives the player more control over the pet. A new window is to be added which can be used to adjust options that control the pet. The different options offered are as follows:
Flee – The pet will flee from all attacks in any direction.
Aggressive – The pet will attack any surrounding monsters.
Loyal – The pet will not attack any monsters; it will just follow its owner.
Defensive The pet will attack any monsters attacking its owner.

• Create 'AFK' system: - This has been completed: 100%
When person sets to afk status, via button on interface, [AFK] appears on left side of name.
Also returns a message when somebody has messaged then: "<$USERNAME> is currently Away From Keyboard". When the system is activated by the player “Allow group” and “Allow master recall” is automatically turned off.

• Mir-Pad (Memo pad) - 90% Complete. Need to able to send memos to other people.
An enlarged dialgue box (like an NPC dialogue box) acting as an input system for users. They'll be able to; create a new memo, edit a memo, change position from top to bottom, delete a memo, and maybe drop a memo on the floor, as a small icon (Able to make in photoshop, if there isn't one in the .wil's). It will save the memo's in a seperate folder inside the client as .txt.

• Backup DBs - Executable - Started
An exe which creates a copy of; characters, dbs, ertc. Security reasons.

Using the Message system to send items etc - 100% Complete
The messaging system, used to send messages to other players ingame will be edited slightly to send items and gold. Very useful for group hunts.

IDEA:
Conquest. Monster Invasion
Long forest, filles with semi-leet mobs, at the end of the forest is a fairly large town, full of mobs, everywhere. (Must take atleast 2 hours to get to town).
There's a small building in the middle of the town. 10 Players on the server must talk to the NPC to add their name to a list, which will then be accounted
by a GM. Once 10 players have reached the town, spawn rates in that town will change. There will be no more mobs or the main boss which is needed to be killed.
Town is then free to teleport to.

But in all honesty we gave up work on this project months ago and i think tyuchi has lost our files, so aslong as its alright with tyuchi you can use any of the ideas.

/Xanan

Last edited:

FoxStrike99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 11, 2007
good ideas, hmm im thinking maybe a (teleport to me) command should be put in since pets always get distracted with other mobs or that follow mode would do nicely :P