Pictures / Layers

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
Hi, i need a bit of help. Might be simple but i dont understand it.
1stly) How do i take a picture and add it to a background / take a picture and background round it?
2ndly) How do i do 1 layer with 1 brush set and another layer with 1 brush set and put the into 1 piece?

Thanks

BountieHunter1

LOMCN Pro Member
Golden Oldie
Oct 18, 2003
London
Loved1 said:
Hi, i need a bit of help. Might be simple but i dont understand it.
1stly) How do i take a picture and add it to a background / take a picture and background round it?
2ndly) How do i do 1 layer with 1 brush set and another layer with 1 brush set and put the into 1 piece?

Thanks

What program are we talking about?

killer22

Permanently R3T/\r|)
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2003
PFC where else
PS rite, if so the layers is easy you just make a new blank layer per brush type then if u eva wish to join layers, make sure the 2 u wanna join r next to each other in the layer list then click the one top of the other and press CTRL + E and it joins layers.... if thats what u mean?

bout ur first question im not totally sure what u mean bout that but as far as i can see ur on about taking a picture then taking a background picture u made and wanna permantly put hte pic onto the background without saving and reloading the files... if so its CTRL + E but the 2 layers MUST b one after hte other in the list.. (note- dont worrie once u join layers you can then move them into there prop place)

img of what ur looking for
helpfile0je.jpg

hope that helps m8

Last edited:

Pyros

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 16, 2003
I think he means how do you take a picture, cut it out and add it to your own background, e.g.

take this dragon picture:
1.jpg

cut it out:
2.jpg

paste it into whatever background u want:
3.jpg

(i'm not that great at cutting out, just used the magnetic lasso tool quickly)

As for moving layers into other pieces, I use the duplicate layer command and when the box pops up choose the document I want that layer copied to.

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
K cheers to both of you on layers. ill try both ways see which way works best for me. also, on the cutting of pictures i was on about what pyros said. i wondered how to cut your pic out and place it on your own background. which tool is it to cut it out?
thanks to both of you

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
you can use, pen tool/lasso/magic wand and more, theres so many that people use.

/J34lY

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
i cant seem to do it with any of these. magnetic lasso kinda works. but cuts some corners and stuff :(

killer22

Permanently R3T/\r|)
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2003
PFC where else
ok to help you its easy theres a extract tool in PS..

First its located here:
extracttool8nz.jpg

then this will help you get a easy extract of a image of your choice:
extractor4cg.jpg

hope that helps.. if u want more help add me 2 msn m8
[email protected]

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
cheers m8. ill give this 1 a go. TX told me to use a diff lasso tool. and the pic in my siggy is how i managed with it. ill try your way. thnaks :)

i have another problem now. when i start a new canvas. my colour is set too grey and when i change it it stays at grey :( anyone have any idea why this is?

Last edited:

killer22

Permanently R3T/\r|)
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2003
PFC where else
make sure that when u make a new canvas that in the size n that bit that the colours r set right and not on grayscale, coz although it will show u got colours in ur list it will only display black and white

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
kk cheers. 1 more thing. ive done the thing with the image (draw around / fill) how do i put this image on to my background?

killer22

Permanently R3T/\r|)
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2003
PFC where else
use the square tool on the left hand tool menu (retangle Marquee tool) highlight it all then go ( Edit / Copy Merged) then click the place u wish to put it on then go ( Edit / Paste)