ping.......

smoochy boys on tour

outsider

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 9, 2004
Birmingham
right on mir im fine no lag unless server lags etc etc. but recently i got my MOHaa game back and went to play it online lol, didnt go to well as my ping rocketed, like over 400, which is rediculous considering the spec and speed of my connection. has any 1 got any ideas of what it could be and what i can do to resolve it?
cheers, ed

Insane

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 18, 2003
The Matrix!!
it could be the server you are connecting to! ubber connection doesnt mean ubber ping to every server. im on a 2mb adsl line and even i get ping spikes of high proportions, especially when connecting to servers far away like the states.

outsider

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 9, 2004
Birmingham
true, im also on 2 meg but the thing thats got me is it was all fine when i 1st got pc an i played it, but ever since i got the update on my firewall its seems 2 have gone awal, i tryed config it, and 1 of my m8s had used vnc to try and niether of us can do it so i dont think it the firewall, some 1 has reccomended a "ping booster" but i know nothin about it so i dont wanna go dlin it n its **** :P lol

Last edited:

outsider

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 9, 2004
Birmingham
nope tryd it without firewall still same, ive found tho that when im playing some of the servers, ive spoken 2 the host/console or what ever and he says they use a ping booster on server which is ment 2 speed things up, but to most ppl it just raises the ping do u think that could be the problem?

outsider

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 9, 2004
Birmingham
they r UK servers lol :bounce: all but 1 which is in USA altho since i have played about with my fire wall abit my ping has dropped quite a bit, i think its sorted it out, tnx for lookin tho lol :ppunk: