PKR Poker

Join Discord

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Anyone ever played poker using one of these sites?

If so...how easy is it to make a bit of money? Obviously depending on skill but do they just rape you or is it fair

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
Anyone ever played poker using one of these sites?

If so...how easy is it to make a bit of money? Obviously depending on skill but do they just rape you or is it fair

there are alot of robot software programs about that play perfectly.

they are illegal and poker sites psend millions detecting them, but its always easier to attack than defend imo.

/gw

1PKRyan

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Nov 9, 2007
No
Ive been playing on PKR for a while know, pretty easy on cash tables if you stick to ABC poker on anythin up two 0.01c / 0.02c - 0.05c / 0.10c anythink higher then mixing it up is a good way to go.

Alot of donks on PKR tho so higher the buy-ins / limits the better imo.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
What's your username Ryan? Mine's Tairone....add me!

Would be interested to know what you've made so far?

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Downloading this now, see how i get on lol. If i buy $30 and it doubles up first deposit so that makes it $60 will it go quite far? i done quite well on facebook poker but thats easy coz its not real money, i'm sure playing for real $$ be much more fun.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Downloading this now, see how i get on lol. If i buy $30 and it doubles up first deposit so that makes it $60 will it go quite far? i done quite well on facebook poker but thats easy coz its not real money, i'm sure playing for real $$ be much more fun.

I've only been playing for free tonight to get back into the swing of it cos haven't played in a while, and am also wondering the same thing as you - how far will a few $ go?

Add me as well gezza

1PKRyan

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Nov 9, 2007
No
What's your username Ryan? Mine's Tairone....add me!

Would be interested to know what you've made so far?

Username: 1PKRyan

Made about £260 on cash tables total, was going to build a Bankroll then start doing some MTT's (Muiti Table Tournaments)

Been registered for a few months.

If you stick to BRM ( BankRollManagement ) then overall you should make money at it.

Read this thread: http://www.pkr.com/en/community/forums/beginner/bankroll-management-as-a-beginner-on-pkr-33811 should get you started for real money.

This start's of on freerolls ( Slow proccess but works out if you don't want to deposit )

I only deposited once so i can get my Club PKR Level moving :P

Also read the Raise You're Game articles on the PKR forum, alot of new commers ect have read these, so is good to know what beginners are thinking :)

Last edited:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I prefer PokerStars

There's a guy on a different forum I visit who's set him self a challenge to make $3000 in a month. Think so far he's made about $400 since 1st October.

Another guy won a tournament the other day, which was he won about $2000, came second a few days before and got about $1000ish.

Tournaments take a lot of patcience and skill though, he was going from 8pm til about 2:30am in the one he won.... I can last an hour then get bored and start throwing my chips away.

So it's possible to earn some decent money, but you do need some skill, I play mainly for the fun factor than aiming to win lots of money.

Always plenty of free rolls on PKR too, join them and see how you do.

Toddwhite

More like Retodd
Golden Oldie
Jul 28, 2006
You have to remember every penny you earn, somebody loses a penny.

so in effect, unless you're better than average you will lose money because u pay the site to play too.

unless u can afford to lose the money i wouldnt do it. It is fun, but not a sure thing money wise.

/gw

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Well if you deposit like i did before you get your bonus you gotta win a certin amount back, i deposited $30 and gotta win so my poker money is $69 then you get the bonus, should of read the small print lol. Played for a few hours won and lost a few am even still atm, but getting that bonus aint gonna be easy inless you move to the bigger tables.

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
tbh Poker bores the **** outa me, but i wud like to see Thigh lose some monies

1PKRyan

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Nov 9, 2007
No
Haha, Yeah Tournaments is where the money is, yep got to earn PKR point's to clear some bonuses lol the 100% dolla for dolla bonus is like that.

EDIT: freerolls are fun if you like to mess about, can't really win alot tho can take like 5 hours + to win like $1 lol

Last edited:

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Im $5 up so far lol, how do you use those 500 pkr point tickets? i thought i could enter a poker point lottery tornament which cost 110 pp but it took my pkr points and not the ticket.

1PKRyan

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Nov 9, 2007
No
@Tai

For $10 it is: 2,250 PPs

Using Poker Bonus: PKRBONUS

@Gezza

It start's in 4 hours 45 minutes;

It's called $500 Premium Freeroll

Last edited:

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
think its 225 pp per $1 you deposited..

Ok cheers ryan.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Been playing this since I made the thread (haven't deposited any money) and all I've got to show for it is $0.30 lol... it's really hard to make any decent money tbh.

10 cent giveaways are barely worth it...other than the fact u can get in to the beginner sng's but even then, there's so many plebs who just go all in blind and stuff like that, you can lose it in a fraction of the time it took to gain it!

I've spent the last 2 hours in a $5 turbo freeroll and was 1st position for the majority of it, then after beating off about 900 other players (about 13 left), I get dealt AJ, half my chips already in the pot... the flop comes...5 5 5 !! We both check... Turn card = Ace, so I have the other guy all in, and he's got the fourth ****ing 5!!! Left me with like 40k chips so it was all over from there really.

FUMING. lol what a waste of time and all for 5 bucks I never got to see!

twisterdmk

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
USA
I played in a local tourney friday night and finished 2nd place, payout for that spot was $798.00. I like fulltilt better than pokerstars, a piece of advice is that playing in the low dollar tournaments (your gonna have more donkey players) so I usually do medium to high stakes. SNG's are okay but they can take as much time as a big tourney and the big tournaments have a better pay out. I have been playing hold'em for well over 8 years now and can tell you. Online poker is a joke imo.

Derrick