playing steam games without using steam?

smoochy boys on tour

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
i love alot of the steam games. but i cant stand using the steam client. its slow. down alot of the time. and i just dont like using it.

everything program wise has been created by someone. iv not known ther to be a program of use that hasnt been made.

since you can host steam games on your own server. there must be a program which acts like the steam client, which someone has made to play steam games on?

so basically. this is a long shot in which i forsee no outcome. im looking for a third party client which acts like the steam client, but doesnt require you to connect to steam, but just to the dedicated host to play the games.

am i being crazy, or should someone have actually wanted the same thing as me and made it?

mapadale

There probably is somewhere, how ever the problam you have is the steam key intergration. If the said client, if you can find one works. Is the key auth process and this could cause the steam client to block you.

Though there are plenty of steam mods out there, that maybe might help.

D4N0

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2007
just something i heard. if u load the server up using x fire. it will go straigh into game and not scan using vac or w/e it does.