PLEASE Can someone make a 1.4 server

MadeInEngland

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 21, 2004
Reading
PLEASE can somone host a 1.4 server just like the good old days.
it might even be quite popular.
make it like the servers that used to be so good....when summoning 2 skeles was rare....somthing that takes a week to get lvl 40 with slightly added stat euro items wich are easy ish to get and then new items wich are harder....

probably not gona happen but would be good...it would certainly make a change from the same old 2.3 crap on the market at the moment.....nothing seems to be going foward.....so lets go back....to the good old days....old school mir when piney funpire and kaindeath were gr8 pkers!!!!!!!!

Aquilo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 1, 2005
Great googamooga.

Someone with taste.

Indeed, it'll never happen. There's not enough demand.

Guess we'll just have to dream on, MadeInEngland.

MadeInEngland

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 21, 2004
Reading
i've spoken to 5 other people and they want a proper old skool server up.
mirs changed so much it doesnt have the same feel as when i used to play it. i dont get that same buzz(if i cud call it that) someone must be bored and want to make one. even if its just for afew weeks to see if it gets any interest.

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
I have too much time on my hands and alot of experience.

If i where to put the effort in with a 1.4 server, what would you be after?

Levelling?
Drops?

New areas and mobs or keep old ones?

New sabuk remakes?

New functions?

To keep it simular to euro mir or too go all out to create a complete new feel to mir?

You will have to narrow it out for me.

Aquilo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 1, 2005
If anything, the original spec 1.4 was too large for a typical private server to use.

Personally, I'd like to see it scaled down a bit. Some maps removed, etc.

So while you keep the feel of 1.4 original, it's on a scale more suitable to say, 30 players, as opposed to 2000 (Back in the good old Open Beta days ;))

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
Everyone is just chasing a memory of what was good back in the day. No one would play, not for long.

MadeInEngland

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 21, 2004
Reading
I have too much time on my hands and alot of experience.

If i where to put the effort in with a 1.4 server, what would you be after?

Levelling?
Drops?

New areas and mobs or keep old ones?

New sabuk remakes?

New functions?

To keep it simular to euro mir or too go all out to create a complete new feel to mir?

You will have to narrow it out for me.

well fairly quik lvling...not too fast. stats slightly increased like dss is 5-40. maybe make it 6-45 or somthing just as a basic idea.

afew new caves nothing realy fancy tho....as the whole idea behind this server is to go back to the good old skool mir private servers. slightly similart to p69 when it VERY 1st came out. stats were balanced lvling was quikish.

i'm pretty sure it might get a fair bit of attension.

MadeInEngland

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 21, 2004
Reading
Everyone is just chasing a memory of what was good back in the day. No one would play, not for long.

lol thats fuked up...i post somthing about old old p69 and you post.... every1 can chase a dream cant they? lol.

also thankyou for the interest by anyone who posts

*edit* well it would probably be great while it lasted

killer22

Permanently R3T/\r|)
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2003
PFC where else
i agree, id even chip in n make sum new maps for it. to spice it up alittle.

the idea that a one off server of how mir was compaired to how mir is is a great idea. not only for the old skoolers who know it well and first started on that. but for all the new people who dont understand how its changed, they will be able to play and fully understand the whole change that we've done.

personnaly i recon the idea is great and should be pushed forward. the difference would be that ok we mite not have uber chars and ultra maps/mobs but you wud have regular and community based people on there. people who will play not just for gaming but for the community of chatting, spending 10mins just aving a giggle about crud, planning grp hunts on super bosses n stuff like that..

new mir lost it along time ago, with all teh new stuff people solo main bosses as if there just a hen. people dont fight for subak wall nomore as it has no moral standing. noone reallly works on the guilds as u get 2 too a penny.

whoever is able to make a server please really think about this and dont brush it up. your be unque to the rest and popular to the best.

Dave85

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
I happen to have a spare server ^_^

My server started life as 1.4 and i couldn't get enough of it. I didn't know of EM's palace but found the map file, so i ended up renaming it to 'Hell' and the 2 maps before those were renamed to 'Stair way to hell'.

I've been playing mir since the day it was launched and it was amazing, i got so annoyed with downloading a 800mb game on a 56k dial-up that i ended up downloading it at school and burning it on to disc lol.

Like i say i have a spare server, plus i still have my ready to open 1.4 server backed-up on disc and will be more than willing to host it for however long you old skoolers wish to have it up.

------------------------------------
optional rules to emulate the old days:
------------------------------------
1) Broadband? stuff that!! use dial-up ^_^
2) Download the game files using dial-up (the UBER wait to download lol)

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
cheats with 1.4 have to be considered. I think the 2.3 are pretty much 1.4 just with a lot more added stuff... the PKin system is the same still.

I dont like 1.4 when you have something as good as the 2.3 files.

killer22

Permanently R3T/\r|)
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2003
PFC where else
thx dave sounds good..

n yeah kill i know wat you mean, mir 2.3 has wat it always needed the Ulitmate upgrade, but tbh i think we oTT'd it we went wayyy to far with hte game and its just the game with a shiny case now. people look at hte case and think its the beez neez but dont relise the real deal with it.

Check out the 1.4 Server Poll I put up!!

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Alright, ive decided i'll take this project.

Although theres more than one way to put a shiny case on a game, i will run the server off the 1.4 files, but i will use the latest wils to make the game look half modern.

We'll see how it goes.

Killmaster

Legend
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Nov 13, 2003
Good luck with it. Imo you may need it :P no offence fired at you.

killer22

Permanently R3T/\r|)
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2003
PFC where else
sounds good, keep us updated mate.. were gonna need the original client links as we all got 2.3 atm n back dating isnt easy.

Lets think of a name for the server... any suggestions?

Classic Mir
Old Skool
UnderGround Mir
Lost
.. anyone ?

Last edited:

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Ive just downloaded the client, but i need to patch it with my files, then once the clients ready i'll get it uploaded for y'all.

Ye keep name suggestions coming,

We will be implementing some of the new features such as gems and orbs. As i say, ill keep you updated.

Progress report:
-1.4 downloaded and setup
-1.4 client downloaded and patching has started
-Work on item database has started

Im working with a mate of mine whos also had alot of experience with the files, we predict we will have the server ready within a month. We're not entirely sure where we're going with the server at the moment its kind of being made up as we go along. We'll keep you posted.

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006
Progress Report:
-Remake of all old items has finished, all stats increased by 2 or 3.
-Home zone map in progress by well experienced map maker
-Implimenting of new wils in progress.

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
Progress Report:
-Remake of all old items has finished.
  • Armour defense stats increased by 2~2. Attack stats by 0~1.
  • Accessory defense stats increased by 2~2. Attack stats by 1~2/2~2
  • Weapon stats increased by 2~3
(Note: Minimum stats were only increased on items that original had minimum stats.)
-Home zone map finished

-Implimenting of new wils in progress.

Quote edited.

Last edited: