Pongo Server 2.3

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord

Dave85

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
Pongo Server 2.3

Active GM: Often
Events: Often
EXP Rate: x5
Drop Rate: Regular
IP: 217.34.35.3

ucs.php

Pongo Server has now been online as 2.3 for over 2 1/2 years. It has a very low player count as people that play, work odd hours. Needless to say, the server could do with some fresh faces and if your up for a challenge and want a stable dedicated server, join up now.

There's never been any kind of rewind or any server wipes so you can play with confidence. Pongo Server has been around, starting from 1.4 for over 4 years and will be for alot longer, so if your after a low rate server that is stable, well managed and have staff that offer great customer support, what are you waiting for?

What to expect on Pongo:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The server is, what some would call "Euro-like". There are a few new towns and hunting grounds, but the aim of the server was to capture what euro mir was about and improve on it. Last year Pongo Staff created a form of snow for mir2 and revamped existing content to give it a fresh look and a distinguished custom look for Pongo Server only.

Due to most mir players these days, high rate servers seem to be the only option for some people as the majority of low rate servers these days only last of a week if your lucky. This is NOT the case for Pongo, there is a small dedicated community that have been with the server since it launched as a beta and they're still as happy as when they started.

Altho Pongo is refered to as euro-like, it has a nice amount of custom content and features, and this will continue to grow over time. Speaking of the furture, Pongo has "Project UBER Patch" which has been in development for over 1 year now, no ETA has been set for this, due to the size of it, but when it is ready it will roll out with a brand new client to cope with the new content.

All downloads and patches are listed on the website and the forum. Installation guides are provided and Staff will be looking to host an all in one download.

Forum: http://z6.invisionfree.com/PongoServer/index.php?

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Not really my kind of server, and im just getting bored of low exp servers lol. Good luck anyway

Dave85

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
The reason for the low exp is that this server is a long term server. I know it must be nice to see your char as lvl 50 or even 100+ on these UBER rate servers but where do you actually feel astho you've achived anything? plus to my knowledge every server that is online only has the newest skills added from the 2.3 euro files which mean that whats the point in being level 200+ when the last skills you learn are at 48ish, this seems pointless.

You may argue that those servers may have added kits to support such levels but i put it to you that the kits are basicly all the same and that if you look at the bigger picture of it all low rate would be the obvious choice for the real hardcore mir fans or the people that enjoy a challenge.

the exp rate may sound low but it is in proportion to the actual exp of the mobs and with a little work and effort people have been getting to level 33 within a week and there are many that are low to mid level 40's, all the in space of the server being online for 3 months or so.

Note: I'm not denying that high rate servers can be alot of fun, but i hope you *the people* can also see my point of view.

Phiz

LOMCN n00bie
Jan 5, 2006
right on! the background music lets u enjoyed the ingame world even more. just fkin play it damnit.:brows:

LegendOfMir

LOMCN N00B +1
Veteran
What is level 100 ? So much? Is SF this caind of level. For this level u must have kings with AC and AMC = 1000 or 32k ? Sound stupid... Anyway is not normal!! My server have 5 years an the best score level is 45 on top. I have 1000 heroes , 800 delete heroes (no play) and 100 Ip banned (Ip banned for swearring - I dont allow this ...on my server like here in LOMCN), but lvl 100 is to much ....Anyway 2.3, DM2 and other is very boring coz dont have horse, wings, and more.....i hate other versions then 1.9 ....:bounce: :tongue1: :middle: :ppunk:

Last edited:

Dave85

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
i don't want to releave myself on your fire but the extra armour wings can be added to 2.3 and yes you have a strong point on the horses not being coded but you must remember that 2.3 is open source and things such as this can be added. Like i mentioned in the description of the server i am adding chocobos which will be instead of horses.

think of it like this... *You dream it, 2.3 can make it happen (plus the help of geniuses that code the server source)* skys the limit

windy2851

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2007
2 question any screenes of the new patch
and when is the relase date is it still end of july

i love ffx

Evolution

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Sep 9, 2006
Darlo
What is level 100 ? So much? Is SF this caind of level. For this level u must have kings with AC and AMC = 1000 or 32k ? Sound stupid... Anyway is not normal!! My server have 5 years an the best score level is 45 on top. I have 1000 heroes , 800 delete heroes (no play) and 100 Ip banned (Ip banned for swearring - I dont allow this ...on my server like here in LOMCN), but lvl 100 is to much ....Anyway 2.3, DM2 and other is very boring coz dont have horse, wings, and more.....i hate other versions then 1.9 ....:bounce: :tongue1: :middle: :ppunk:

what is your server then becuase i have never heard of it. any link ?

Dave85

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
Reply to windy2851: As of yet i'm unsure when the patch will be ready but it will be done by the end of July. I feel its better to over estimate on the release date instead of sayin it will be done sooner, at the risk of letting people down.

About the screenies, they will be shown soon as i'm getting over excited about its release and would be great to share.

Dave85

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
Sorry about the Main site, it is offline and the host keep changing the date of when the issues will be resolved -.- (this is effecting the website only. Pongo server is online and ready to play)

For info and help join the forum: http://z6.invisionfree.com/PongoServer/index.php?

In the news section there are the main parts you'll need to play. The main site should be back anytime now. There you will find the auto patcher.

In reply to candyman: Fishing is a feature listed in the patch coming by the end of July so no screenies yet.

Dave85

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
Things have been going better than expected and the patch seems to be on target. I felt that its now been about a week or so since i have finished the new interface and decided to give you a sneak peak and a rough idea of how dedicated i am to my server. Hope you like it ^_^

pongomiret7.png

grand99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 22, 2003
The reason for the low exp is that this server is a long term server. I know it must be nice to see your char as lvl 50 or even 100+ on these UBER rate servers but where do you actually feel astho you've achived anything? plus to my knowledge every server that is online only has the newest skills added from the 2.3 euro files which mean that whats the point in being level 200+ when the last skills you learn are at 48ish, this seems pointless.

You may argue that those servers may have added kits to support such levels but i put it to you that the kits are basicly all the same and that if you look at the bigger picture of it all low rate would be the obvious choice for the real hardcore mir fans or the people that enjoy a challenge.

the exp rate may sound low but it is in proportion to the actual exp of the mobs and with a little work and effort people have been getting to level 33 within a week and there are many that are low to mid level 40's, all the in space of the server being online for 3 months or so.

Note: I'm not denying that high rate servers can be alot of fun, but i hope you *the people* can also see my point of view.

i agree with this, if there where other maps or reworked mobs

but generaly people add new HARD maps but none for the lower level people that are level 1-26. if your going to run a low rate server. add things like pets and other things for the low levels not just super hard bosses that noone can kill.