Portal 2

smoochy boys on tour

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Wondering why there isn't a thread for this already, but anyways... It's bloody amazing, if you don't own it yet, then why the hell not?

Seriously, go buy it... yes even you people who have a PS3 with no network to play it's also amazing Co-Op yet, but when(if) it comes back you'll be able to play with us amazing PC gamers! So win for you guys!

But yeah, honestly a great game... I don't wanna say much about the story, and the game-play is simple yet unique so if you're completely oblivious to the concept you should really look it up. PC Gamer have named it game of the year (which I think is a bit OTT because it's only April and there are some good releases set this year) - but it certainly is a great contender for the title!

Go buy it, now!

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Haha, it's brilliant... though there is one animation that happens after every "test" that gets annoying, but yeah... minuscule criticism.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
im waiting till thursdays pay day to go out and buy. can't wait to play.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Never played the first... Infact it's the first time I've ever heard of Portal (Guys over on owlstalk are raving about Portal 2, too).

I'm very intrigued. Is it worth me getting the first, completing it then buying the second? Did this with the Uncharted games, which may I add one of the best game's I have ever played!

nicofortune

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
I have never played portal 1 but i started portal 2 and found it to be very interesting

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
yeah its worth playing portal 1 first, i haven't played portal 2 but from all the trailers i've seen it carries on from the story, so you might be a bit confused if you don't play the first one.

@JealY, i've maxed out a 2K overdraft, a 1K overdraft, and am now £200 in to my credit card :(

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
what i'm really wanting to know is, is the cake still a lie?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Haha, it's brilliant... though there is one animation that happens after every "test" that gets annoying, but yeah... minuscule criticism.

Just got this game, what animation are you referring to?

I haven't completed it yet, but i'm confused as to why shes back in there, does this get explained?