Possible without coding?

BrahmaBull

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 11, 2010
Basically my files are going alright, just need to add some more custom features. Looking to add something like a relegion system. Relegion less to do with god and jesus but to do with caves and items, this is what im looking to do....
Relegion1
Relegion2
relegion3
at level 30 you pick your relegion, each has pros and cons. They can open up quests and have their own item sets, now i just want to know how, if possible i can make it so someone from Relegion1 cant wear an item that is for someone of Relegion2. would it be something like when they picked relegion ADDNAMETEXT ..... then CHECKNAME TEXT...... cause i think thats what would be needed for the quests? Just wasnt sure about items.
Thanks for any help.
Bull

^G0trex

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 7, 2003
Bham
Yes and no... the caves would be easy enough to do, providing you make it so caves are only accessable via an npc, not via an actual door in a province like usual. That way you can just use flags/name lists to grant/deny access.

As for wearing items, I'm not sure. Perhaps it would work with the CHECKONITEM or whatever the command is but I don't know if that actually works. I suggest you look through the list of NPC commands and test stuff out.

Upvote 0

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
Yes and no... the caves would be easy enough to do, providing you make it so caves are only accessable via an npc, not via an actual door in a province like usual. That way you can just use flags/name lists to grant/deny access.

You could still have doors in and out, just use the Enter command in MapQuest.txt :).

Upvote 0

BrahmaBull

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 11, 2010
its do-able... but not fully
So i would need someone to code it in? Started work n relegion temples EG
NPC
#SAY
Yo this this temple of relegion 1
#IF
CHECKNAMELIST
#ACT
Goto @tele1
#elseact
@goto @sorry

which i think is the best way around it? But the item side is the problem im facing atm.

Upvote 0

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
you just need to plan it out with the npc commands u got access to , then ull know if u can do it the way u want or not

Upvote 0

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
if u havnt sorted this

just make items, No tradeable/none drop'able ect, and so u cant change religions, then only people who have earnt the quest item can wear it.

Upvote 0