Problem with .exe I think

smoochy boys on tour

Rand

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 8, 2011
Could anyone help me please.

I have recently got a new computer and wanted to give Mir a blast, so I downloaded UltraMir.

I came across a problem that when I open Mir the colours on my screen was all messed up. I've asked the GM and he has no idea what the problem is.

I asked the a friend and the GM to take a look on teamviewer and they both see Mir running completely fine from their side and also when I take a screenshot of the login gate it comes out fine in the saved folder.

I thought to test a different server, I downloaded MirArcadia. That worked completely fine. I put it down to something in the files from UltraMir.

So today I've decided to give Tatsunuko a whirl and have got the same problem as UltraMir!

I think it has to be something to do with the .exe Ultra and Tats have, as I've never seen them before and they both use the same one.

Can anybody shed some light on this and help me out please?

If you follow this link, this is what my colour looks like http://www.lomcn.org/forum/showthread.php?81118-Erm-little-help&highlight=screen+colour

I've tried disabling CCC, tried changing the resolution, tried changing from 32 bit to 16 bit. Nothing works. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the .exe but have no idea what!

Any help at all will be appreciated.

Thanks.

---------- Post Merged at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Ok so I've now tried SlayerZone and that has the same problem (with a different Exe)

Actually clueless to what the problem is! :(

knives

100% Hyphonix
Golden Oldie
Aug 3, 2004
another user had a similar issue check your graphics drivers possibly reinstall them and see if it works

xXxX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 9, 2005
Maybe its ruby files? causing his issue as we have tried Slayzone,Ultra and tatsunoku servers and on each of these his screen goes multicoloured like its thermal imaging and unreadable/unplayable.

All his drivers are up to date and his mir works fine when using Arcadia files which are heroes, so maybe it could be the exe's used on ruby files? or something in the data folder that does not agree with his pc?

Its really weird as previously stated when on teamviewer and he opens mir i see it fine through his screen, and also when he takes screenshots they are normal, but when it comes to his actual display it appears messed up.

He's using a Radeon HD 7900 GPU and Windows 7 Pro x64

Rand

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 8, 2011
I have triple checked my graphic drivers and they are all up to date.

I don't understand why I can log onto Arcadia completely fine but when I tried UltraMir, Tatsunuko and SlayerZone they all have the same problem (Only thing they have in common is they are all Ruby files and Arcadia is heroes)

I have a AMD Radeon HD 7900 series graphic card, would this have anything to do with the problem?

Thanks.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Have you tried changing the properties of mir.exe ?
Right click on the shortcut for properties and have a play with the compatibility settings.

Rand

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 8, 2011
Yeah I've run it on all 12 compatibility settings, 10 of them gave me the same problem. 98/me and 95 gave me an error and wouldn't open Mir at all. :(

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
its due to

Hero is 16/32 bit iamges

ruby/2.3 is 8 bit

its your card mate.

Rand

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 8, 2011
Is there anyway I can change it to 8 bit? The options only allow me to change from True Color (32 bit) to High Color (16 bit)