Problem with Windows DVD Maker

Weikster

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
36th chamber
Ok, so in the past I have made DVD's from .avi files using Windows DVD Maker. (Vista HomePremium X64)
Yesterday I went to make a DVD from an .avi and it stops at .5% encoding and saying it cannot decode correctly, and to make sure I have the proper codec pack.

At first I thought it was the file till I tried 4 other movies that I made succesfully in the past and got the same error.
I've visited several Vista help forums, one said it was due to the latest DivX update creating compatability issues.
Tried all they suggested;
-uninstalling DivX and reinstalling- same error
-deleting codec pack, reinstalling- same error
-use klitemega codec pack- same error
-making it through Windows Movie Maker- results in no picture, no sound, yet I can see the menu.
-Tried using other DVD making software- same problem

All of the .avi files I'm trying to burn play perfectly with Windows Media Player. :confused1:

Really at a loss of what to do, was hoping maybe someone here had the same problem and can share how they resolved it, would be very appreciated.

EDIT: Solved kind of, have to convert all of my .avi files now into .wmv before making DVD, ffs.

Last edited:

neptuneshaun

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 17, 2007
i use ConvertXToDVD never had a problem before, probs one of the best out there, nero's good but do prefer convert