Project69 : ad infinitum

Join Discord

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
Your favourite (maybe second favourite, probably third or fourth but definitely just before Chronicles) MMORPG is being relaunched on Friday 18th December. Project 69 will be upgraded to use the Arcadia game engine and client. There will be one download and one installation to play both Project69 and Arcadia. Two great games in one place!

While this happens the account servers will also be merged. You will be able to play both games under one account, but you will still have different characters on each game.
Relaunch5.png
As part of the upgrade, Project69 will adopt many of Arcadia’s unique features, such as Item Crafting and the vast number of player Skills with elemental damage. Initially one new province will be added to provide experience and items for levels above 120, which is dramatically easier to achieve with the new experience tables that now reach level 200. All preceding dungeons have been adapted for the update and to maximise fun!

- Three Heroes with three main power sources (DC, MC, SC)
- Deep quest system with over 100 quests
- Vast dungeons and beautiful lands to explore
- Over 120 bosses
- Over 100 full item sets
- Over 200 Achievements
- Five conquest-able castles for guilds
- High resolution and 32bit upgrade
- Client merged with Arcadia
- New improved gemming system
- New improved socketing system
- New improved alchemy system
- New improved salvaging and crafting system
- New improved pets and recruits
- New improved loot system for more unique items
- New improved skill management with damage calculations
- New improved experience tables and rates
- New improved item exchange and stall system
- New improved group system for sharing experience
- New improved user interface
- Fairer pvp and castle war system
- New Province and dungeons for level 120+
- New items for level 120+
- Advanced bot protection
- Advanced cheat protection
- Regular content releases

Check us out on Facebook

Happy motherf*cking 13 years Project69

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
You have done great work with P69 & Arcadia, but for some reason I would of loved to see them on the crystal files. Good luck with the relaunch.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
I recently went through one of my Old school bag's, came through a CD at the bottom "P69" i installed wondering how old the files was think its 1.4/1.9 files, insane how far this server has came will 100% be returning for this, good luck Scorp.

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
The interest in the relaunch has been pretty overwhelming, we managed to crash our own servers :uncomfortableness:. Just so the Lomcn troll don't miss out :

Server comes online on December 18th at 18:00 GMT

Silencer

Comedian
Golden Oldie
Feb 9, 2008
LOMCN HQ with Tai, eating bagels.
I remember the good old days - they were alot of fun and I spent ALOT of my teenage years playing P69 - good luck with the relaunch - I might come play.

If you promise not to ban me.

I'll promise not to do anything deserving of one! :P

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011
Good luck Scorp. Congrats on 13 years and well done for all of the hard work.

Sam

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
I'm not sure I am following will it be a fresh server or will two existing servers just be merged into one?

Demonisha

LOMCN n00bie
Sep 6, 2015
A little disappointed upon finding out that these two servers are just merging (which i already knew) and that there will be no reset for either. In my opinion you can not call the merging of 2 servers on to 1 client a "relaunch" It just does not deserve that title! No matter how you dress it up, and over hyping this on multiple websites when there wont even be a any sort of reset to introduce, funny thing is you half state it in your advertisements to subconsciously tempt fresh meat, which i think is a little fu cking sneaky, but if peanuts are paid, you get plenty of monkeys. Finally someone gets a decent question answered about whether there will be a reset and just like the advertisements he gets a half arse answer because it must hurt to know that the only way this could gain more users is if it got reset. This is a very **** attempt for re advertising although the new features do seem cool, very little next to no new players will arrive and even if they do it wont be for long. people will be interested for a few days, +1-2 additional users and then back to the original if not less server count. still keep your head high :) not bad :*

---------- Post Merged at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:22 AM ----------

A little disappointed upon finding out that these two servers are just merging (which i already knew) and that there will be no reset for either. In my opinion you can not call the merging of 2 servers on to 1 client a "relaunch" It just does not deserve that title! No matter how you dress it up, and over hyping this on multiple websites when there wont even be a any sort of reset to introduce, funny thing is you half state it in your advertisements to subconsciously tempt fresh meat, which i think is a little fu cking sneaky, but if peanuts are paid, you get plenty of monkeys. Finally someone gets a decent question finally answered about whether there will be a reset and just like the advertisements he gets a half arse answer because it must hurt to know that the only way this could gain more users is if it got reset. This is a very **** attempt for re advertising although the new features do seem cool, very little next to no new players will arrive and even if they do it wont be for long. people will be interested for a few days, +1-2 additional users and then back to the original if not less server count. still keep your head high :) not bad :*
When i think of a "relaunch" i imagine this god forsaken rocket ship is grounded on earth and being built from the waste up again, not a ship that's already on fu cking Venus and the crew doing some small changes to prepare to be finger blasted into a black hole ending up in another dimension where you gradually lose your server count. Do yourself a favor and bring the ship home ^^

Last edited:

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
I have to admit, I was excited about the prospect of a re-launch of P69 until i realised there would be no reset.

Lilcooldoode

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 10, 2003
Yes
It looks to me like scorp has ported p69 from the old 2.3 files to his custom heroes files, not a small job and whether characters have been reset or not surely this can only be a good thing for p69 server?

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
I don't really think I was deceptive.. I used the word upgrade pretty frequently in my post.

If I was to restart Project69, I would probably have done it 3 years ago and called it.. Arcadia.. oh..

As far as I am concerned, this relaunch was for the loyal players, not the server jumping flock that would leave after 4 weeks. Stay loyal, whatever the cost. And the fact remains, we have 500 accounts activated for Project69, 100 of which are new, so this will be a pretty significant event for the longest running legend of mir server that there will ever be.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
il be coming back to give it ago again iv not played p69 in like 10 years or so.. hopefully gets a nice usercount again

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
So.

Whats the difference now between P69 and Arcadia? Or is their not a difference...? just same server but two? like P and D?..

Which i suppose is impressive in itself. Most people struggle to populate one server, let alone two.

I kind of wish i enjoyed P69/Arcadia, but i just dont... >_<

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
So.

Whats the difference now between P69 and Arcadia? Or is their not a difference...? just same server but two? like P and D?..

Which i suppose is impressive in itself. Most people struggle to populate one server, let alone two.

I kind of wish i enjoyed P69/Arcadia, but i just dont... >_<

Think I preferred you when you were a dick, did you get struck by a care bear stare?

They are still pretty different, don't really know how to summarise it.. P69 was the template for Arcadia 3 years ago, not so much has changed on p69 since, there is a new province and respective dungeons, and all the extras that the engine has to offer. Like going from 1.4 to 2.3

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Think I preferred you when you were a dick, did you get struck by a care bear stare?

They are still pretty different, don't really know how to summarise it.. P69 was the template for Arcadia 3 years ago, not so much has changed on p69 since, there is a new province and respective dungeons, and all the extras that the engine has to offer. Like going from 1.4 to 2.3

Im still a dick.... Honest.

Haha.

Ah right, The two are probably very similar though?,

The reason i dont really enjoy it, is because spells such as like TDB/FF are too rare, and starting out fresh is a nightmare. The server kind of throws you in the deepend.

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Im still a dick.... Honest.

Haha.

Ah right, The two are probably very similar though?,

The reason i dont really enjoy it, is because spells such as like TDB/FF are too rare, and starting out fresh is a nightmare. The server kind of throws you in the deepend.

This, I am fed up of spells being too rare, this day and age spells need to be obtainable so you can enjoy the class too it's full potential.

Also I logged on P69, played too level 50 and it felt nearly the same as arcadia :(