Province Project

smoochy boys on tour

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
The map is slowly getting there, its near enough completed. Few more hours and i'll have all the sandy details in place and a few extras. Starting to look decent if I say so myself.

loll-5.jpg

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Best Province map i seen posted on here tbh, great work.

If mobs never moved around that would be great for a hunting area.

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
map looks great, very professional, dont listen to the other guys.

Mir is about big maps, exploring and finding new places, its only because the private community is so lazy that servers have been forced to use instant teleports, due to the players *****ing if they have to step 10yrds out of the safe zone.

I think its about time servers stopped skipping 90% of what mir is about and actually play the game for what it is, and maps like this would surely help.

Look forward to the other maps you have in store.

oh and 1 crit, is the water edge isnt very random, but i know the tiles are limited so i'll let you off :P

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
99% complete. Just a few tiny things I want to add but this is basically the finished map. Thanks for all the comments.

loll-6.jpg

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
Looks like you've spent a fair few hours on it and it's paid off very nicely, good job mate. What type of map are you thinking of next?

/Czeldabolg

iJam

To the rhythm
VIP
Oct 8, 2007
London
Not bad kizza plenty of detail and i like that little town in the cliffs.

Gj 9.5 / 10

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Looks like you've spent a fair few hours on it and it's paid off very nicely, good job mate. What type of map are you thinking of next?

/Czeldabolg

Spent ALOT of hours on it :P

I'll be making a fair few more maps, pretty much every type of map you see in mir.

Last edited:

Richens

LOMCN VIP (Mapper)
VIP
Jul 28, 2004
UK - Midlands
Good Map.. Plenty of time spent on it, which is one of the main aspects of making a map.

However make sure you have done all the fine detail!

All the shores on the left could have come in & out more and been randomized slightly. They seem to go in & out, in & out the same all the way up giving a straight line all the way up. Right at the bottom left its a 90degree angle finish? Just bit blocky all way up.

Aswell, now this game is getting very old.. Lot's of new objects and trees, cliffs and details have been introduced. This looks like all bichon/sv with zt tiles.

Any close ups on the town & zuma temple tiled entrance?

Let us know when it's complete!

- R

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
Ok, I've took some of peoples suggestions and altered a few things on the map. Firstly I've deleted near enough the whole water/beach and remade it to make it less "blocky" as people have said. I have also added more detail in the towns.

Finished and finalised picture.

Main_Town.jpg

Heres a few screenshots of some points of the map ingame.

Images00-1.jpg

Images01-1.jpg

Images02.jpg

Images03.jpg

Images04.jpg

Images05.jpg

Images06.jpg

Images07.jpg

Images08.jpg

Images09.jpg

In the screenies I'm trying to show the level of detail in the map. It's not just a map full of trees, grass and sand, theres so much detail in there its unreal. If I didn't do any detail then the map would take 2days too complete oppose to the 9days it took me :P

Last edited: