ps4 or xbox one?

Join Discord

anto

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Feb 18, 2005
I've always been a 360 user, not because i'm a fanboy but because I don't like the ps3 pads, they feel like they were designed for a ****ing childs hands. I haven't got either yet coz i wanted to wait and see what how it went for a few months after release, i know the general consensus atm is that ps4 seems to be the console to choose, just wondering what everyone here thinks/have chosen to go with. I'm seriously considering buying a ps4 but still undecided.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
I personally own a PS4 and love it, and the new dual shock is awesome and is a big improvement over the PS3 version the new the new track pad is only going to get better. Only played Infamous : Second Son with it. Which makes use of the trackpad and the onboard speaker

Both the PS4 and XBOX have been out for 7months now? There is some good games my favourites at the moment are Assassins Creed: BlackFlag, BattleField4 and Infamous: Second Son.. Really looking forward toooo long list :)

Heard a lot of bad reviews about the XBOX One from owners that is, and with the prices coming down just shows which is the superior machine, but saying that.. You would expect lower prices but this soon is rather shocking think last bundle price i saw was £399 for XBOX One and Digital Download of TitanFall shows how much profit they was making per system

i would suggest going to your local Game store and trying the new DualShock not everyone likes them but it's down to personal choice

Last edited:

knives

100% Hyphonix
Golden Oldie
Aug 3, 2004
ps4 sketches you out when you get random noises out of the controller lol.

not being a xbox fan im biased but alot of my xbox mates have defected to the ps4

LionMir

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Nov 4, 2013
I was torn between them both but decided with the xbox one seemed more fun for the kids.

Pros-
Multimedia center (some great features on this)
Some cool little features with the snap feature and being able to stream a game by simply saying xbox broadcast
Halo/Titanfall/Forza are a big pro for me
Kinect it is Unbelievably good
Cons-
Software still needs work there are glitches, although updates come often (for example xbox didnt have dolby till march)
Lack of general applications, I was shocked how there is still only 30 apps for it

I have played on PS4 and it is also a great consolel, but at the moment I am happy with my xbox one

anto

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Feb 18, 2005
PS4 pad feels a lot more like the 360 pad than the older dualshocks. It's a really nice pad
If that's the case that'll probably sway me over to choosing the ps4, I haven't held the ps4 pads yet but the xbox one pads thumbsticks feels small and seems as if they'd break easily compared to the 360s.
Saying that though they've just dropped the xbox ones price to 350 without the kinnect so I'll probably wait a couple more months yet to see if the ps4 price drops to compete.

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
none right now the lack of games is just silly 11 confirmed for xbox one and 13 for the ps4 thats all the way to November as well. shame they rushed in to it as fast as they have with so few titles lined up

knives

100% Hyphonix
Golden Oldie
Aug 3, 2004
none right now the lack of games is just silly 11 confirmed for xbox one and 13 for the ps4 thats all the way to November as well. shame they rushed in to it as fast as they have with so few titles lined up

sony didnt really have a choice to push forward with the ps4 due to the major security flaws in the ps3 when hackers got the ability to certify apps. i believe this in turn pushed ms into releasing the xbox one. as obviously they didnt want sony getting a head start on them

---------- Post Merged at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:35 PM ----------

If that's the case that'll probably sway me over to choosing the ps4, I haven't held the ps4 pads yet but the xbox one pads thumbsticks feels small and seems as if they'd break easily compared to the 360s.
Saying that though they've just dropped the xbox ones price to 350 without the kinnect so I'll probably wait a couple more months yet to see if the ps4 price drops to compete.

tescos are doing ps4 console for £350 already

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
sony didnt really have a choice to push forward with the ps4 due to the major security flaws in the ps3 when hackers got the ability to certify apps. i believe this in turn pushed ms into releasing the xbox one. as obviously they didnt want sony getting a head start on them

---------- Post Merged at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:35 PM ----------

tescos are doing ps4 console for £350 already
Price of the PS4, Was £349 on launch.

anto

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Feb 18, 2005
So I bought the xbox one, for no reason in particular other than I could get it on credit. I'll get the ps4 if I have the money in the long run but there's not much games out for either atm, just happy with titanfall plus fifa and cod when it come out.