PS4 vs XBOX One

Join Discord

FUTURA

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 25, 2003
DXB
I have been a loyal XBox 360 user...but will be buying the PS4 now. The 24 hour connection thing and the dodgy camera and the voice commands (which I am sure you can turn off but still) have put me off. Plus, PS4 will have exclusive FINAL FANTASY VERSUS 13 or whatever they're calling it now.

Only thing I will miss is Halo. But whatever.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Sony have already said no online passes but really it's more than that.

Sony = Same policies as PS3 on PS4.
MS = Hey this is what we want and what publishers want and we don't give a **** what you as a gamer wants.

Hmm...

Sony's game studios chief, Shuhei Yoshida, told reporters that any requirement for users to register a game online in order to play it would be left to game publishers.

Tbh y'all need to grow up and buy a gaming PC. Consoles are for morons who can't build and maintain a decent gaming machine.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Hmm...

Tbh y'all need to grow up and buy a gaming PC. Consoles are for morons who can't build and maintain a decent gaming machine.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...on_Sonys_DRM_policies_No_more_online_pass.php - They clarified it there and later, because Online Play is behind a paywall they won't allow online passes.

Btw nothing wrong with owning a console and gaming PC. I have over 200 titles on Steam but that won't stop me getting a PS4 to play with friends and play exclusives.

Reactions: daneo1989

Reverance

Final Heaven
Supporter
Veteran
May 25, 2013
Scotland
Hmm...

Alternatively it's for those of us who wish to play console specific games that will never come to the PC (I own a PS3, 360 and a High end PC)

In regards to PS4 and Xbox One I'll be getting both.

Xbox One I will hopefully get through work (I working the Games industry and we are developing for Xbox One)

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
I just bought my Xbox One with Left for Dead 3.

For those on the fence, Free Fifa 14 has been announced if you pre-order Xbox One - Day One version :D

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
ps4 EU dropping 2 weeks late is a ****ing joke all MS have to do is drop it world wide same day as us ps4 date or just days before and ppl will jump at it

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
ps4 EU dropping 2 weeks late is a ****ing joke all MS have to do is drop it world wide same day as us ps4 date or just days before and ppl will jump at it

Happily wait for my PS4 rather than get an Xbox one personally.

Let all the tanks find any little bugs so when it's released in the EU it's all patched up ;)

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Happily wait for my PS4 rather than get an Xbox one personally.

Let all the tanks find any little bugs so when it's released in the EU it's all patched up ;)

its sony your talking about. it took them what a month to fix there hacked PSN servers.

czeldabolg

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Sep 12, 2005
Staffordshire, UK
its sony your talking about. it took them what a month to fix there hacked PSN servers.

Sony had one major issue where accounts were hacked, no credit card details just accounts and all of them were solved and given a LOT of free content, that is correct, the masterkey took 2 years to be cracked, xbox had theirs cracked within 2-3 weeks and cracked games were all over the place.

Xbox also had a mass callback on xbox machines due to the RROD appearing early, vs the hardly appearing YLOD. In terms of hardware / stability it's always going to be sony for me, microsoft have become s**ter over the years, the fact they 180'ed pretty much EVERYTHING they announced at the initial launch proves the company has no f***ing idea what its gamers wants and wants to more be the milkers. Shame it bit them in the ass.

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Sony had one major issue where accounts were hacked, no credit card details just accounts and all of them were solved and given a LOT of free content, that is correct, the masterkey took 2 years to be cracked, xbox had theirs cracked within 2-3 weeks and cracked games were all over the place.

Xbox also had a mass callback on xbox machines due to the RROD appearing early, vs the hardly appearing YLOD. In terms of hardware / stability it's always going to be sony for me, microsoft have become s**ter over the years, the fact they 180'ed pretty much EVERYTHING they announced at the initial launch proves the company has no f***ing idea what its gamers wants and wants to more be the milkers. Shame it bit them in the ass.

thing is xbox were open about the RROD problem i had it on one console sent it to get fixed and got a new one a weeklater that lasted till last year when i bought the 250 gig one.

the u-turns they did got them more over with fans than not announcing it. the keypart is that they LISTENED to what poeple did didnt want, people blow things way out of proportion.

getting both day 1 and which ever i like best i will keep and put the other up for sale week leading in to xmass no doubt there will be a shortage make money back + a little something more than likely

Last edited:

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
Karl.. I had such high hopes for you :P

I'm a fan boy, i'm microsoft certified so I can't go against em :D

Tbh, I'll end up with a PS4 as well at some point but I use the Xbox more as an entertainment system than a games console. Haven't played a console game in over 12 months lol!

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
Well if you want a PS4 in the UK you're screwed, Amazon stopped taking pre-orders for them a week or so ago as for the Xbox... Still loads of those for sale... Wonder why.

Also about the voice controls on Xbox One - They can be account locked to only register to the account holders voice. So after your missus does it the first time, change those settings!

I for one will not be getting a Xbox, PS4 all the way. The whole way MS have conducted themselves about this console has been horrible and shows how little they actually care about their fans. "We can't just flip a switch and change the console, it was build around this DRM" ... Week later they flip the switch.

Tai - There is an MMO on the PS3 called Defiance. It's all about shouting ugly aliens with lots of other people with big guns. It's fun and has a different sort of leveling system than most.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Well if you want a PS4 in the UK you're screwed, Amazon stopped taking pre-orders for them a week or so ago as for the Xbox... Still loads of those for sale... Wonder why.

Also about the voice controls on Xbox One - They can be account locked to only register to the account holders voice. So after your missus does it the first time, change those settings!

I for one will not be getting a Xbox, PS4 all the way. The whole way MS have conducted themselves about this console has been horrible and shows how little they actually care about their fans. "We can't just flip a switch and change the console, it was build around this DRM" ... Week later they flip the switch.

Tai - There is an MMO on the PS3 called Defiance. It's all about shouting ugly aliens with lots of other people with big guns. It's fun and has a different sort of leveling system than most.
My pre-order was done back in June, had an emai lconfirming my delivery date is estimates 29th Nov :D

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
the u-turns they did got them more over with fans than not announcing it. the keypart is that they LISTENED to what poeple did didnt want, people blow things way out of proportion.
The high lighted red made me chuckle...

They are more concerned about the bad press on their console they've not listened to what people want. They are thinking about their pocket's....
£429 for a console which enables you to talk to your TV and has to have the Kinect 2.0 connected for this feature to work.... FFS they had to change that policy because people was to scared about people listening in.. (I know this can happen to Phones but common)

Every main Policy they had brought in, Has been removed... granted the New so called Indy creation game app sounds pritty kwl.
But is this because of the Success at PS4's E3 Indy games support?

Now look at specification's both has Blu-Ray which Micro$oft has to pay royaltys to Sony + Phillip's
Xbox has a custom Chip, PS3 went down this route and kinda failed on release due to the lack of launch games.
PS4 CPU is an x86 AMD Jaguar
Both has a 500GB Hard drive, but PS4's can be changed.. Xbox's cant.
Both has a AMD GPU but Sony's produces more TLFLOPS but Xbox has 32mb of cache memory
Both has 8GB of RAM but Sony has the faster GDDR5 to Xbox's custom DDR3
Xbox's OP System requires 3GB to operate. while Sony's only uses 1GB which gives the PS4 a faster, Smoother game experience.
Both require PSN+ and XBOX Gold.
Xbox's Controller has had a slight revamp.
where's the 4th gen Dual Shock has had a full redesign

I like my XBOX 360 and the Party chat system. but when it comes down to the next generation of consoles it has tobe the PS4.
I cant say what will happen when they get released they might have load's of problems but time will tell..

PS4 UK Release date. November 29th 2013 (Been gaurenteed to have one WOOT)
XBOX One UK Release date. November 29th 2013 but not much to say if its true.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

Ah I'm not into that sort, I need wizards and warriors ^_^

Xbox's Controller has had a slight revamp.
where's the 4th gen Dual Shock has had a full redesign

You lost me here!

Next-Gen-Controllers-640x353.png

They both look essentially the same. By far from a "full redesign", it just has a new feature. If you want to start comparing controllers though the Xbox is far more comfortable.

Anyways I won't be getting either because I don't have time to use it! :X

Foopah

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 7, 2011
Livingston
Ah I'm not into that sort, I need wizards and warriors ^_^

Yeah that is kind of what I figured, I only ever played the game at my mates house. Was fun and all but am with you, need to have wizards and warriors for a proper feeling mmo.