QuestDiary

smoochy boys on tour

Xypher

LOMCN Senior Member
Veteran
May 4, 2003
Dunno Posts:4000000
m8.. tbh do u really know alot about mir2 serverfiles..

In the Envir folder.. if u did know alot about serverfiles u'd know there was one.. well its located in C:\mirserver\mir200\envir\"Questdiary"

Whats that folder there for?

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
its use for callin npcs

alot of the new files put the market/npcs in there

Xypher

LOMCN Senior Member
Veteran
May 4, 2003
Errm.. well.. anyone with the old mir3 files willing to tell me how to use them.. since deathwish only told me they "i think its used.." lol :P

TheMonk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2003
The Void
Xypher said:
Errm.. well.. anyone with the old mir3 files willing to tell me how to use them.. since deathwish only told me they "i think its used.." lol :P

the questdiary is like a "libary" of NPC methods

you make a script LIKE NPC ones

and you call it Common.txt place it in ur QuestDiary
Code:
[@PK]
{
#IF 
checkpk 3
#act
goto @punish

[@punish]
#act 
map p0001
}

then in ur NPC / MapQuest you can go

#CALL Common.txt @PK

well thats how its done .. seen as i just wrote all that off the top of my head it may be slightly wrong but you should be able to use it to work out how to use it

TheMonk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2003
The Void
Xypher said:
is it somethin like #CALL [common.txt] @pk

???

i remeber seeing somethin like that in dysonline files

would be
#CALL [common.txt] @pk

you could make a folder in the QuestDiary folder called Fred

if you were to put script in it would then be

#CALL [Fred\common.txt] @pk

Xypher

LOMCN Senior Member
Veteran
May 4, 2003
Aww.. now i remeber how to get it to work.. thanks monk

Another question.. how do i make it so when you kill somebody a message pops up like mapquest and tells u u've commited murder.. wasn't that on P69 or somethin at one point in time.. help plz. TheMonk u know anything about this?

TheMonk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2003
The Void
Xypher said:
Aww.. now i remeber how to get it to work.. thanks monk

Another question.. how do i make it so when you kill somebody a message pops up like mapquest and tells u u've commited murder.. wasn't that on P69 or somethin at one point in time.. help plz. TheMonk u know anything about this?

mmm killing ppl ... i cant say ive ever got it to work (i have tried lol - was gunna put a bounty on my m8s head)

i basicaly set up a map quest .. like for a mob ... but with the chr name (remember its case sensitive)

you could give it a go .. i dident put much in to it atm cuz it was jsut for a joke.

you might wanna give it ago and check threw ... try alterign a few diffrent things etr ... i dunno you might find away

TheMonk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2003
The Void
Xypher said:
There anyway to get the server to feed out a complete list of all char names?

the way i do it is to add #call to a common function

[@listme]
{
#IF
checknamelist ..\ChrNames.txt
#ELSEACT
Addnamelist ..\ChrNames.txt
}

(might not be 100% as this is just from memory, but you get the idear)

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
I just had an idea.

To get a list of all character names who play a server, you could make them start in a room, with no way out other than to walk through a door to get onto the main map or a province. When they walk through the door, us MapQuest to trigger an NPC which loads up from the QuestDiary which then can be used to add the characters name to the name list. Set a flag after it is done so that if they go back in, then back out, it doesn't add them again. Or use the check name list command instead. Just an idea, no idea how it would work though. No clue about QuestDiary or MapQuest :P