question about a server to play

smoochy boys on tour

chimera

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Jul 30, 2003
UK
Looking at what is actually used of a computer to host a server (resources-wise) would it be possible to host a mir 3.55 and a mir 2.3 server on the same machine? Thinking logically you could use seperate port number to host so I'm just wondering, if you had a powerful PC that it may be possible?

mapadale

Looking at what is actually used of a computer to host a server (resources-wise) would it be possible to host a mir 3.55 and a mir 2.3 server on the same machine? Thinking logically you could use seperate port number to host so I'm just wondering, if you had a powerful PC that it may be possible?
Yes you can, as all you would need is a virtual machine.

But you would need a machine with some hefty specs to run both.

Your looking at probs min of 4GB ram and at least a Dual/Quad core chip so that you can have more resource for both servers.

bestbet

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 10, 2004
Purple Hills
Just a comment on new servers...

I see a server by SirSimpson (Creator of several servers) and Blade (known by another name on lomcn) and yet lomcn is allowing these to be advertised and their members screwed over again and again.

No offence to these guys, they may have legitimate reasons to keep creating servers that don't last beyond a month or 2 at most.. but the question I ask is, Should lomcn be more strict in allowing people to constantly create server after server and advertise these on lomcn.

I log into most servers, and most are just duplicates of the one Lyncus made in the first place.. not a bad server, if only he would host one that would last (maybe this one will be different, but past history suggests it won't)..

I am all for giving people a second chance, but a third, forth and fifth chance?

Make Sting HighRate..then :P or MEd.. lol..all ya gotta do is copy and paste files but increase exp rofl lol everything is fine

Ingeronic

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 26, 2004
Late reply i know but ReQuiem is a fairly new med server. Pretty easy to level and that. It's what i play on anyway :P.