Quick question - .wil etc

Join Discord

NickAKAVexus

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2005
New york
Ok you know in database for items when you set the number for the items image?

How does it know what .wil to grab that image from?

tahger

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2005
He means in regards to how does an object know it comes from Object1.wil, Object2.wil etc

Upvote 0

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
from the .map file, when the client reads it, instead of saying it looks like this, the .map fiel pretty much tells the client that say at cords 21,55, there is image 1192 from Object2.wil

thats how it is done, when u load into a map pretty muc hthe map file tells the client what objects/tiles are on the map so the client can load it. but the server also has to tell the client as well, so the client comapres the server map to the client map, and if there are objects/tiles missing from the client map thats on the server map, it turns to black...

a bit confusing the way i explained it :P

Upvote 0

tahger

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2005
No I understand where you are coming from I wasn't looking at this bit last night, was trying to get the rain to animate :P

Upvote 0

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
i have done a weather system b4, in mir, but not a very advance one, i could only make it so it can rain(snow,lighting,etc), all the time but i couldnt make it so that it can only happy at random times, so pretty much if u go into a certain place, it can be raining all the time...

Upvote 0