Race & RaceImg

Join Discord

Somebody Else

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 24, 2005
Erm, what is the difference?

I don't have a server to check at the moment but I'm trying to get DBs set up for when I can run one, so I'd like to know. From what I've gathered RaceImg seems to be something to do with movement patterns but that doesn't really make sense, since quite a few different numbers are just "walk towards player and attack". Zumas all have 47, which I'm guessing is to do with the frozen start, and ZT has 49, I guess that is for always starting frozen with the same facing direction. Is this right?

Any enlightenment would be great :)

Last edited:

CrusaderIssy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 19, 2007
As far as I'm aware (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) but isn't race it's attack style and RaceImg the avatar that pops up in the bottom left when you scroll over the mob?

As I said, I'm not 100% sure though.

Upvote 0

Somebody Else

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 24, 2005
It can't be that, about 70% of the mobs have RaceImg 19. The avatar is tied to Appr anyway.

Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
I thought RaceImg was the Avatar as well, but now you mention it, there is loads the same lol..

ZT always faces the same direction because that is the only graphics it has?

Upvote 0

CheekyVimto

It's my Precious!
Veteran
Mar 8, 2005
Im pretty sure they are fixed/hardcoded into the server to use certain spell frames.
Ie
213 = use fireball spell graphics
214 = use lightningbolt spell graphics
255 = use monai

I dont think theres a way to manipulate these short of changing the graphics in the client that are associated with the spell, and they would have to match frame for frame.

thats about as much as I know sorry.

Upvote 0

Somebody Else

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 24, 2005
Hrm, okay. I think you're probably right about ZT ida.

I will see if I can make any correlation in the DB. I THINK Race is for attack and RaceImg is for walking style, but I shall see...

Heh, colour coded my DBs so I can see things more clearly :P

Ok... Results:

70% of mobs have RaceImg 19. These include, spittingspider, chestnut tree, shooterant, cursedcactus, numaslinger, and numerous other mobs that do NOT use a simple walk-towards logic, hence RaceImg is NOT the walking style. Damn. It also has several mobs that are harvestable, SpittingSpider, carnivorousplant, sheep, so it can't have anything to do with that. It's not to do with attack style either, since lots of the mobs have different attack styles but still RaceImg 19.

What has a RaceImg other than 19?

Thief 0
ForestYeti 10
Bull 11
Pig 11
NumaPeasant 11
Hen 11
Deer 11
Healer 11
Guard 12
CarnivorousPlant 13
SkeletonAxeman 14
Skeleton 14
Executioner 14
SkeletonLord 14
AxeHurler 15
CaveMaggot 16
HookingCat 17
Scarecrow 18
FlamingWooma 20
Woomataurus 21
Dark 22
JinSkeleton 25
BugBat 31
Scorpion 32
EvilCentipede 33
RedMoonEvil 34
GrenadeArachnid 35
BombSpider 36
SpiderBat 37
VenOctopus 37
ZombieShaman 40
PriestZombie 41
Zombie3 42
Zombie1 42
Zombie2 42
BugBatMaggot 43
BoneArcher 45
FrozenRanger 45
ZumaArcher 45
FrostQueen 47
ZumaStatue 47
ZumaGuardianChief 47
ZumaGuardian 47
Zumataurus 49
ZumaSpirit 49
WedgeMoth 52
Doong 53
Shinsu 54
Shinsu1 55
CastleGate3 98
MainGate 98
CastleGate2 98
CastleGate1 98
CastleGate4 98

I see the Zumas are all on there, apart from ZumaArcher. The two mobs with para, Wedgemoth and Spiderbat, are there also, but under different numbers. It might be to do with magic attack FX, like for Shinsu, the firebreath, but that doesn't explain half of them, like NumaSlinger has 19 as well. Seems that Race is purely responsible for mob behaviour.

In conclusion... I still don't know, and until I get a server up I can't test anything. Doh.

Upvote 0