randomly speaking npcs?

Demix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 13, 2005
Watford, England
Any possible way to get an npc to say something every x amount of time? i would have thought using robot would work but as robot is global i dont know if i can get it to display a message above a certain npcs head :P at the moment the npc/s i have talking just speak when you click them but i would like them to speak in conjunction to other "events" taking place, basically i have an attack, some "guard" npcs stand by the doors to *location* and i gmexecute some mobs using mission command to the other side of the map, 1 min later i activate my next script which uses the mobfireburn around the guards *thus protecting the door and in effect clearing up the event so the server wont lag during the night etc* anyway this all works correctly but like i said i would like the two guards to say something when the second command activates, any ideas?

thanks in advance

/Demix

JSB123

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 7, 2004
S.Yorkshire
Set up an interface with the NPCs only viewable by a GM. Add links to make the NPCs say what you want, then set up a macro, and loop it, so that you click the NPC manually but its technically automatic, get me?

Upvote 0

Demix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 13, 2005
Watford, England
yep, good logic, i will try it out, thanks

edit: wouldnt doing it that way require me to have a gamemaster in game at all times in observer running the macro? *obviously not an actual gm* but bit of a waste of a user dont you think lol =\

edit2: while i have this thread here i may as well ask... is there any way i can check if a specific mob is alive on a certain map? rather than just:

CHECKMONMAP mapname monnumber

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MentaL

Mir 1.4
VIP
Mar 3, 2004
Cardiff
use a bot that auto clicks the npc on the server pc ever xxx minutes. (or macro) just will require additional ram.

Upvote 0

GhettoFx

Runescape HD
Golden Oldie
May 17, 2005
i agreee with mental but wont people like start maybe messing about with something like da

Upvote 0