Ready to Run HeroServer (English)

Join Discord

mirlin6

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 11, 2004
United Kingdom
Why wont Hero summon Holy deva? it will only summon Shinsu i tryed just learning holy deva but nothing :(

Also hows this set up (mon gen file)

Map X Y Mob Radius? RespawnTime? No of mobs?
0000 72 62 Deer 100 10 10

Last edited:

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
i dont think this needs a guide tbh.. they cant be easier to set up.. milo gave us the files already setted.. they only need the correct client which has been linked on the other thread and they only need to have dbcommander setted correctly..

if u read through this thread u will have all the answers u need..

btw thanks again milo!

~HeavenSent~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 9, 2005
Chorley
Loged in files set up fine just like the old 1.9 files,

A few things...

Is there a English interface? When i press some of the buttons they are not in english.

Has Gold been translated yet?

Is BW the main town on hero servers because i carnt enter the shops & there are no NPC's or guards?

& ty to you all for the new files will have fun with them :ppunk:

p.s how do i summon a hero & is there a link for the Heros Village map ?

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Why wont Hero summon Holy deva? it will only summon Shinsu i tryed just learning holy deva but nothing :(

Also hows this set up (mon gen file)

Map X Y Mob Radius? RespawnTime? No of mobs?
0000 72 62 Deer 100 10 10

Make sure the Name matches in !Setup and the Monster.db. Make sure of course that you are teaching your Hero HolyDeva. It does work.

HeavenSent said:
A few things...

Is there a English interface? When i press some of the buttons they are not in english.

Has Gold been translated yet?

Is BW the main town on hero servers because i carnt enter the shops & there are no NPC's or guards?

& ty to you all for the new files will have fun with them

p.s how do i summon a hero & is there a link for the Heros Village map ?

1: Most of the interface is English, I assume someone will eventually do the rest. Photoshop is not one of my skills.

2: M2Server is packed so no. Work around it, not hard.

3: This is just a simple 3/4 Map Server. Your files can be what ever the hell you want.

4: There is a Hero npc in the main map and the map itself is in the Serverside map folder (Thought that one would of been pretty obvious :P)

@Xanan You issue is because the M2Server doesn't have permission to write a file to the C drive. I assume you are using Vista as I've only ever seen it on Vista make sure you are running the M2Server as Admin.

TravisW

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
Quick question, when setting up MapEvent.txt, is it like you would do on a 1.9?
0 346,186 -> 0122 11,41

or another format?

~HeavenSent~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 9, 2005
Chorley
Make sure the Name matches in !Setup and the Monster.db. Make sure of course that you are teaching your Hero HolyDeva. It does work.

1: Most of the interface is English, I assume someone will eventually do the rest. Photoshop is not one of my skills.

2: M2Server is packed so no. Work around it, not hard.

3: This is just a simple 3/4 Map Server. Your files can be what ever the hell you want.

4: There is a Hero npc in the main map and the map itself is in the Serverside map folder (Thought that one would of been pretty obvious :P)

@Xanan You issue is because the M2Server doesn't have permission to write a file to the C drive. I assume you are using Vista as I've only ever seen it on Vista make sure you are running the M2Server as Admin.

Ta for the info Milo sry for pissing ya off >.<

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
files arent bad at all but there is a lot of work to do.. i tryed starting to work with them but there is a lot of things to fix..

btw is there a gm command to test heroes?

stupid question: packed files dont display all the info if opened with the hex editors? i used to translate gates and m2s using hex editors but it seems this cant be done anymore.. is it just an error i'm doing or it is really like this?

Last edited:

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
stupid question: packed files dont display all the info if opened with the hex editors? i used to translate gates and m2s using hex editors but it seems this cant be done anymore.. is it just an error i'm doing or it is really like this?

What did you think packed meant? They are packed to prevent other people (Mostly Chinese) from stealing the files rebranding them and selling them on

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
What did you think packed meant? They are packed to prevent other people (Mostly Chinese) from stealing the files rebranding them and selling them on

okay.. very sorry for my ignorance!! :shy: :shy:

didnt really never realised this.. i guessed it was that but never tried till now..

for lifco: are your hero files also packed or not?

GdfSniper

Repentant
Dedicated Member
Jun 5, 2004
i am getting an error in chinese when i try to make a hero it is something to do with the db server. Also lifcos english exes wont even open for me i double click and it gives a windows error with submit error report.

Also if anyone could link me to how i would translate once unpacking it would be great as I have searched and cant find it anywhere.

mStation

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 29, 2003
♫♪♫ ♦♥♠♣ ♀♂♀
i think we still dont know how to unpack them.. as for the hero error im getting the same and i dont know actually what was wrong.. so i tryed to edit the hero-0000.txt npc but i realised that there is all okay.. must be something i input which is incorrect or something in the settings..

as for the lifco exe's i think they arent correct so dont use them now

GdfSniper

Repentant
Dedicated Member
Jun 5, 2004
i have researched how to unpack them and am going to attempt to do so myself however i have no idea how i would go about translating them afterwards.

Also still wondering why i cant open lifcos translated versions still get submit error report on trying.

TheBoss

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Middlesbrough
I'll download the files 2moz, i will unpack the exe's and start to translate them, or if any one else has unpacked them i will translate them no probs.

Xanan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 5, 2006

I ran it as administrator and i had a bit more luck.

Encountered a couple of other problems in which ive found ways around.

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
Was ill yesterday so i dint do anything but will do some bits todays

The latest files are useing the crappy loader and milos exe dont seem to work with them

so iam not sure what to do at the mo

(EDIT)

Also i will get you the encryption for the npcs just incase you ever put this online

Download here
Also has a video with it

lif

Last edited:

johnyl1

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 24, 2003
Portugal
getting this msg when runing the server
"ÕýÔÚ¼ÓÔصØͼÊý¾Ý...
[28-11-2008 02:01:12] StartTimer exception: Access violation at address 00646DD7 in module 'M2Server.exe'. Read of address 00000001"
im using the euro files with these btw!!! the files just has they came run ok...