Recent Confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
Slientdragz - it wasnt cos i couldnt find a suitable respones i just thought it would be a funny thing to post, anyway ill offer u the same deal as Auron, we can sort it out like adults or u can continue to argue with me, choice is urs and the doors is open (excuse the pun) :P

NewBlood

Natural Selection
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
Manchester
Lionheart said:
The main reason why i agreed to that walk out thing was because Newblood had some excellent ideas. And Miles had become pretty inactive since joining WeOwn and not much was getting done.

Ill say little as i feel ill get flamed no matetr what buy.

I didnt want to strike, i had talked in the past to evil and miles and had attempted to talk to data about making some changes to improve the forum but nothing was ever done. I was about to quit because i was sick of not being able to do anything and being ignored by the admins, and then shin came up with the strike idea which seemed ok but was rushed to much.

Now auron as for the little school story you used to desribe us to me its far from the truth, the mods were sick of half assed admins who didnt want/couldnt be bothered to help the forum, when we try to have things changed and sorted we get moaned at for being bad mods?
Whats wrong with that? is it because we didnt obey every wish and command of our admins? because we acted for ourselves? because we tried to help?

Meh this post turned out to be longer than i thought, but i can already see the responses auron+silent both moaning we done crap and acted out of our places.
Ah well not like i can change anything so we'll have to live with it.

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
look at it this way mate, no matter who takes over and who does what, if it saves the forum were the ones that got that it in motion no matter how badly it was handled, and if it all fails and goes horribly wrong, we played no part in it :P win - win.

MysteryOne

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 16, 2004
Atomicide said:
Auron i think its time me and u had a serious chat, not being big headed etc, but we both know i can be extrememly useful for the fourm, and i would, one wanyy or another prefer to be able to post without members of staff hovering like vultures to see who can be the first to ban me. I think we can get an agreement that is beneficial to both parties. Pm me if you would like to discuss this further.
With a title which contains a swear word and your attitude on this thread against another member of LOMCN i wouldnt be surprised if you dont get your posistion back.

NewBlood

Natural Selection
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
Manchester
Atomicide said:
look at it this way mate, no matter who takes over and who does what, if it saves the forum were the ones that got that it in motion no matter how badly it was handled, and if it all fails and goes horribly wrong, we played no part in it :P win - win.

true aslong as the forums saved we all win, but given the fact since these took over weve had a record amount of people leaving thats not very inspiring is it.

and i remember somehting auron told me once ahem. "when lomcn dies, it'll be me pulling the plug"

Looks like auons getting his way.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
My opinions:

I agreed to do the 'Strike' Thing, as i felt the forum was going now where. No offence o evil, or miles, but there was loads of things going wrong that us mods couldt sort, the members let the admins know, the mods let the admins know, and nothing...nothing at all was done.

I wasnt going to go ahead with it at first, i felt it was stupid, but when the sevrel reasons shinoda and NewBlood gave me, i agree'd with it.

I hold no grudge against Auron, i think he is an alright guy, and hold no grudge about been de-modded, i was a lil pissed off at first, but then i ealised i was here to help, not for my own satisfaction of been a mod.

Now to Silent: I dont think you was here when all this happend, so ho you can comment i do not know. I dont want an argument, just stating a fact. Also saying that your going to work, and not been lazy bums ec...your only working for 4 god damn hours :S lol.

As i said, i hold no grudge, and i dont want any arguments with any admins, and mods, or any members :) (unless ur HunterR, i really cant b doin with u.)

Mar 23, 2003
Cairo Orbital Defence Platform
Well guys, my mission is complete then.

The idea of this post was to get you guys to explain to me why you did it, clearing up confusion was it's guise. A useful thread - no? :)

Now that you've all explained yourselves, i'm not going to make one huge high and mighty post about what i think, you already know, and so does everyone else.

Anyways, Mir isn't dead yet. And the record amount of leavers is mainly due to the havok caused by certain angry people. Oh, and certain morons.

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
how many times are we gonna have things thrown back in our faces? Ive posted saing im willing to leave things if u are, and once again its thrown back at me.

anto135

in my view a boards a board an admins an admin mods are mods
who cares realy lol as long as theres no
¤ said:
´)÷¤--§îr Äürøñ--¤÷(`[¤]angry people
(as auron said lol :P) and we all get stuff done

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
daniejam said:
nope it's due to the fact LOMCN has bored them to death
Cos the people who left are the ones who get the excitment out of flaming probably, and now theres no flaming there 'bored'.

anto135

damn edit button
soz for double post >.<

ide probly feel different if i had been an s mod for awhile

daniejam

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 4, 2004
Skyline said:
Cos the people who left are the ones who get the excitment out of flaming probably, and now theres no flaming there 'bored'.

Nah some of them got bored because LOMCN is dull, general chat is nearly empty since it doesn't increase post count people don't start threads there etc. etc. the staff had more "spunk" and "happiness" about them, this new lot seem strict and morbid, etc etc

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
daniejam said:
Nah some of them got bored because LOMCN is dull, general chat is nearly empty since it doesn't increase post count people don't start threads there etc. etc. the staff had more "spunk" and "happiness" about them, this new lot seem strict and morbid, etc etc
Post count? who cares about that tbh.

LOMCN is for LEGEND OF MIR if u didnt know, therefore tbh thats all we rly need ;)

Miles

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 27, 2003
Ok lets see. You say that i was playing WeOwn alot, well none of the other staff apart from Blam accually played it, so how do you know how much i was on there?

Seccondly, EvilEvil would hardly let me do anything without telling him about it, so there really wasnt much point of me being an admin was there, except for the minor things.

Thirdly, none of you hardly ever contacted me on msn, and when you did and i asked what was wrong all you said is 'Its ok, its sorted now' without even telling me what was going on. You also didnt post anything in Private chat etc which i didnt read and reply to.

Fourthly, just because i didnt post, doesnt mean i wasnt on the forums, most of the things that i read on LOMCN i don't see the need to reply.

Fithly, none of you had access to any logs etc, and you had no idea if i was still active in the admin + mod cp.

Sixthly, we were getting almost 2x more Posts and Threads and quite a few more users (we broke the LOMCN user reccord 3 times) and everything was so much more active until certain Ex LOMCN Staff members started this 'Revolution'

Lastly, there were 3 Co Administrators which we had employed so that we didnt have to be that active (although i still was) and they could have done everything i could have to help you, so why couldn't you have contact them?

/Miles

daniejam

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 4, 2004
that's why people left, coz the mir side of things at LOMCN is a pile of ****, every server is the same, nobody can be assed to figure out 1.5 and try get it working or beg the chinks for sources or whatever...general chat is needed for those who stayed just for the community...besides since when did you care about the mir side of things, I don't think I ever seen you post in a mir forum, your always general chat or HoF (which I know has gone)

NewBlood

Natural Selection
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2003
Manchester
The forums also a meeting place the a community, it should a fun happy place where people come for mir and to have fun with there fellow community chums.

If we didnt need a meeting place and we just needed a mir info place a website would do but no a forum always works better as it allows the community to interact in ways they cant do when there on different servers.

SilentDragz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 29, 2003
Darlington, UK
4 hours a day is called part time, I earn more money than I need day to day and I'm happy with it - at least I'm doing something instead of sitting on my arse all day.

Anyway atom, what do you think makes you so special? You're a normal user now so there shouldn't be a need to strike a 'deal' with the admins, nobody else has.

Get over your ego Atom.

/SilentDragz

Status
Not open for further replies.