recovery program

Join Discord

kyeron

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 28, 2008
timisoara
any1 has a data base recovery program ? (a free one :P ) my power went down few times lest night and not sure why my account data base got corupted and i dont have a really recent backup that i could use , so my question is does any1 know how to recover / rewind the data base for few hours ?

mapadale

any1 has a data base recovery program ? (a free one :P ) my power went down few times lest night and not sure why my account data base got corupted and i dont have a really recent backup that i could use , so my question is does any1 know how to recover / rewind the data base for few hours ?
Depends on the level of corruption in the DB and OS being used.

Upvote 0

kyeron

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 28, 2008
timisoara
xp sp2 , TBL_accountadd has only 6 rows left in it instead of 2100+ , thats the only table that got corupted and i get some wierd errors when i open the logs from the acc db

Upvote 0

mapadale

xp sp2 , TBL_accountadd has only 6 rows left in it instead of 2100+ , thats the only table that got corupted and i get some wierd errors when i open the logs from the acc db
What are the errors you are getting?

Upvote 0

kyeron

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 28, 2008
timisoara
this is from accountadd , its the same for the logs db just different adresses

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 91
Upvote 0

mapadale

The only way your going to rectify the issue, is by reloading the Account DB and best way to do this, is to import the DB from Xcel or access.

It does mean that people will have to recreate their accounts, but all chars should still be intact.

Just don't import the whole DB for everything else, just the Account DB.

Upvote 0

dilina

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 9, 2008
i dont have the acc db on excel...if i export the corupted db in excel wouldnt it create a corupted data in excel to?(ill try anyway ty for the tip)

Upvote 0

kyeron

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 28, 2008
timisoara
doesnt work , cant export the db gives me the same error that gives when i open the table ( the one from screeny)

Upvote 0

twisterdmk

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
USA
Find where the database lived, copy all the info on the mdf etc. Try to restore the databases or re-attach them. I don't know what copy of SQL you use, but 2000 this is possible to due, as long as you don't have a bug.

P.S. I suggest taking a 3-5 day back-up or restore file for the databases your using. This just keeps this thread from happening.

P.S.S. If it's giving you an error while trying to restore the databases, you need to copy the info it's actually live as if the sql were running. 2. Try to copy those Account,Game3G,Hero3G and delete/uinstall the sql. 3. That will 100% work. 4. You can then re-create the databases after a fresh install, especially if it's sql 2000.

It does mean that people will have to recreate their accounts, but all chars should still be intact.
All Account/Tbl_Account should be their as well, I've had this problem before. Woulnd't make much sense unless their was a bug in the Tbl_Account page that would be causing that error, even then you can always attach the database and re-open it. Then copy/paste the info to a Spreadsheet and re-insert after all rows are deleted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kyeron

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 28, 2008
timisoara
not sure if i understand what ur saying , i dont have what to copy from my acc table as all the info from it its gone , i can see only 6 rows instead of 2000 , i tryed to restore / export , restore from db on certain day/hour (before the crash) nothing works

p.s im useing 2005

Upvote 0

nicofortune

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
There are not any recovery software that you can get that will restore the db but what twisterdmk is saying might work

Upvote 0

mapadale

You can create a second DB cluster in 2005, this will allow you to export the account DB to either Excel or Access. Just use any DB for king, as you only need to export the empty account DB anyway.

The corrupt DB you need to delete it from the main DB and then export the new DB from the Excel or Access document, this will then put a fresh copy of the Account DB into the main DB and allow users to recreate their account.

This is the only way you can do it I'm afraid.

But once you have all this done, then setup the auto recovery in 2005 and also authoritive restore. Then setup your backups to backup and restore in the event of a failure.

Upvote 0

kyeron

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 28, 2008
timisoara
only problem with allowing ppl recreate they account would be that they shared accounts and the first person that makes a account with a high char on it would get the char and i couldent check if its the previos owner or not .
there are programs that recover data but they are between 400-500 USD for 1 year :((
i kinda fixed it useing a demon program that recovered my data but put "demo" in all fields exept FLD_LOGINID , and useing that with a backup i managed to recover 90% of the accounts the other ones il have to add them manualy as i see the info on another program that only shows the recovered data (in demon version) but cant be copyed or saved.
and yea i will set up backups from now and hopefully my ups will work as i took that to service to check it as power cuts shouldnt be a problem while srv's pluged in it but anyways

Upvote 0

mapadale

only problem with allowing ppl recreate they account would be that they shared accounts and the first person that makes a account with a high char on it would get the char and i couldent check if its the previos owner or not .
there are programs that recover data but they are between 400-500 USD for 1 year :((
i kinda fixed it useing a demon program that recovered my data but put "demo" in all fields exept FLD_LOGINID , and useing that with a backup i managed to recover 90% of the accounts the other ones il have to add them manualy as i see the info on another program that only shows the recovered data (in demon version) but cant be copyed or saved.
and yea i will set up backups from now and hopefully my ups will work as i took that to service to check it as power cuts shouldnt be a problem while srv's pluged in it but anyways
Every char is associated to the account name and players recreating their account would only gain access to the chars on that account.

Anyone who is foolish enough to let people know what their account name was, then more fool them if someone created that account name and gained their char.

Upvote 0