Request Recruiting Server Owner

smoochy boys on tour

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I expect your comment was mostly sarcasm, however the files we'll be working with are the current crystal files that are released publicly.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
My thought was, get a cooperation going with Galaxy.

Ours motives for the recruitment of an owner is not completely selfless. The person who works with us will be with the understanding that this is still an open source project, and everything we add to the source will be released.

Galaxy (just like apocalypse) use an old and now custom version of the Crystal files and do not release their source, so working on someone elses files is not our goal.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
I'm actually interested.

If I fit your criteria, send me a PM as to what is fully involved and what you'd need from me.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
To everyone who has messaged me so far, thank you for showing interest - I've not messaged any of you back yet but will do to everyone by tomorrow night (except killerboy123, i'm not messaging you back).

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
in theory i love the idea (and about time you went in that direction :p)
however as i told you in pm (just a second ago):
you need to decide what you want out of c#, before going forward with choosing an owner + you need to decide what parts of the project you're gonna keep public.

some obvious issues would be that
-so far you've been pretty focus'd on sticking very close to officialy korean wemade mir > so what happens if the owner wants a feature to work completely different and his code doesnt allow you to run official servers? do you update github with his code? do you run a private code set with fixes that only excist there? could easely lead to fixes that only work on the unofficial code, or bugs caused by applying changes to unofficial code and pushing them to official etc

- do you want a high or low rate? this might sound like it has nothing to do with coders but: a low rate generaly means way more attention to detail is required (ppl spend more time to level etc so they notice problems more often), on the other hand a high rate means you need more frequent updates to keep ppl happy + pvp/balance generaly gets more important on high rates

and last but not least: how much of this are you going to share?
currently you said you where running the test server to not only find/fix bugs in the code, but also get the public released database and envir fixed up for release.
i would assume if you decide to go with a real server, you dont want to share any of the databases, envir work etc (which means you would go back to the situation where the code has tons of features, but nobody knows how they work or has any example of those things)

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
TD, The current Database will be released. (As i already promised) The Database is in a current release state.

Yes the new things are missing, (Hell Caves,Newer Monster's need stats and drops)

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Yeah only the source would continue to be released. The wiki will eventually get up to date to contain all the systems crystal offers and the db daneo will release is a really good base for people to start on.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I dont think my style of server creating would fit your ideas in all honesty, I'm all about the high stats, fast paced game play etc.. and yes daneo i suck at quests and telling a story :P

I get the feeling you'd be wanting to go for your typical euro style low rate which doesnt interest me...

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003
TD, The current Database will be released. (As i already promised) The Database is in a current release state.

Yes the new things are missing, (Hell Caves,Newer Monster's need stats and drops)

when i mention new things what i mean is:
- what if crafting finaly gets added > will ppl have to figure out how to add it on their own in the database? (since the public released wont have it)
- what if sw gets added > will ppl have to figure out what npc's they need, what settings they need etc
- what if something gets added that's 'incompatible' with the current db? will there be another release (and how do you make sure that's not bugged :p)

obviously the ppl who follow the project on a daily base will pretty much get the info from release notes: but we all know most ppl only check every few weeks /months and fail to see most release notes telling them to change value x in the db, or change value y etc
they simply assume if they download the db file provided on lomcn: it'll be the latest copy with everything in it working etc

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
- what if crafting finaly gets added > will ppl have to figure out how to add it on their own in the database? (since the public released wont have it)
- what if sw gets added > will ppl have to figure out what npc's they need, what settings they need etc
- what if something gets added that's 'incompatible' with the current db? will there be another release (and how do you make sure that's not bugged :p)

obviously the ppl who follow the project on a daily base will pretty much get the info from release notes: but we all know most ppl only check every few weeks /months and fail to see most release notes telling them to change value x in the db, or change value y etc
they simply assume if they download the db file provided on lomcn: it'll be the latest copy with everything in it working etc
Ofcourse as new releases happen the files will get updated and released but these will be basic
But you need to remember that most people will have their own database working.

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
To everyone who has messaged me so far, thank you for showing interest - I've not messaged any of you back yet but will do to everyone by tomorrow night (except killerboy123, i'm not messaging you back).

Thank you for making my day. Killerboy is an STD

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I dont think my style of server creating would fit your ideas in all honesty, I'm all about the high stats, fast paced game play etc.. and yes daneo i suck at quests and telling a story :P

I get the feeling you'd be wanting to go for your typical euro style low rate which doesnt interest me...

None of us have any real opinion on the server being high/low rate, euro/custom - this is what we want the owner to decide. As long as it's stable and long lasting that's all that really matters to us.

chaosdeath

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Newport, UK
Far mate I would be intressted 1 would however need to speak to two friends of mine who have been working on the server with me. One of them you already as DrowninG who has been coding MOBS on our server including AI's and tbh he is wkd at it. If your intressted I can try set up a Skype session were the three of us are online and you can have a chat to us and see if its worth doing. We have currently TWO servers running one is the online and before we decided to do a wipe it ran for literally from DAY ONE of release of the files until roughly 3 weeks ago, which is when we decided we wanted to make ALOT of changes to drops/maps ect and get a lot of it working like darkforest ship ect and we have added newer maps and ideas into the game. When it was running we had a player base of +/- 50 players who are currently on standby awaiting the newer release from us.

Let me know if you are intressted please mate

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK

The way I would approach it is to make the test servers files and open source files a separate entity. Yes you make your own custom database and then as the files progress you continually update the default lomcn database with default values.

If crafting was added:
- Lomcn default files:
1. Add default euro items into the system like OmaKingRobe, Nephrite Set etc.
2. Add a guide and other details onto the wiki.

Say the lomcn crystal server was to have something like a weapon called RogueDaggers which can be made from OgreTeeth and OakWood. This obviously wouldn't be added to the lomcn databases.

Most of the information will be on the wiki page anyway, that's the main reason for it - to explain features.