Retiring (its true)

Join Discord

Tallos

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 7, 2009
there is only some much i person can take.

i have been very nice to some ppl over in the uk (rl) stuff
but i feel i been played with and i dont like it.

someday if i truely find someone welling to work on my level then i'll come back

Don't let idiots get you down Ice, I know there's lots of them, but when you find people you can actually trust, it makes it worth the effort. If you're set on calling it a day (at the least, take a long break), g/l blah blah.

Loki

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 25, 2009
there is only some much i person can take.

i have been very nice to some ppl over in the uk (rl) stuff
but i feel i been played with and i dont like it.

someday if i truely find someone welling to work on my level then i'll come back

Tallos is right mate. You're a nice guy, don't let ****s like Al3xz get you down. He obviously didn't appreciate the amount of hard work you put into the server, but many people did including myself.

Would be awesome if you do find people who don't f*ck you around and you carry on with Legend, as it is by far my favorite server.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
ice will be back obviously :p

its like lapta.... crys that no1 loves him and closes MR.. few days later oh its all getin wiped and put up as 2.6 :rolleyes:

not sayin ice is like lapta lol, im just sayin he'll be back, no1 rly quits mir!

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Thats why you get the same old people hoping from one server to another when theyy get bored, the amount of time i "quit" mir and come back like a week or two later, In my eyes its the best mmorpg for me as its 2d and just love the way it is i guess, i've tryed lots of other 3d mmorpgs but none come close to mir addictive for me oh apart from mos back in the day lol. Like you said bon noone really ever quits mir hehe i'm sure he'll be back after a break.

Tallos

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 7, 2009
ice will be back obviously :p

its like lapta.... crys that no1 loves him and closes MR.. few days later oh its all getin wiped and put up as 2.6 :rolleyes:

not sayin ice is like lapta lol, im just sayin he'll be back, no1 rly quits mir!

Fyi it's not being wiped, but yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Ice has some time off and decides he misses it too much, I'm sure anyone who's ran a server with a user count above 20 will know that sometimes things pile up and get on top of you and you just need a break.

I know this isn't quite the case with you (Ice), but I expect the same thing will happen - After some time off you'll realise you miss working on it. :p

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
i think i was played by someone i was close to.

untill i find out other wise i wont be back

combie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 8, 2003
Crimond, Scotland
Sad too see you go man! Good luck in whatever you get up to and all the best. Thanks for you help and input in the forums over the years. Do pop in and keep up to date just in case tho!!! I gave up for a few years and I've been sucked back in!!

Good luck with USA mir - I pop on occasionally so feel free to send me a message if I'm on and I'll join ya afor a hunt if you fancy it? Char name is Fugly.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
ppl it wasnt kyn
stop pming about him hes safe

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
Glenn, tlk on msn, im a man with a plan, not including iceman! lol.

If yourself and glenn are part of the team i see no reason why iceman doesnt let you continue on the server? As you said you have made/edited 100 maps. Glenns done alot of DB work surley you can get something going from that.

Guess you would need to speak to iceman or just make a totally different server.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
doubt its about the file side of things, prob more to do with teh fact they have no server exes to use

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
If yourself and glenn are part of the team i see no reason why iceman doesnt let you continue on the server? As you said you have made/edited 100 maps. Glenns done alot of DB work surley you can get something going from that.

Guess you would need to speak to iceman or just make a totally different server.

100 maps was a joke, i dne about 15 so far. lol :P 1 of which is a town..... :scared:

triple x

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2007
lol ice .. why the hell wud u want to go play a server that aint really any good ? usa mir is a pile of pooop and im gobsmacked that it is still running.. gl any way m8 :P

Zen2

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 26, 2007
doubt its about the file side of things, prob more to do with teh fact they have no server exes to use

What happened to you possibly releasing your exe`s a couple of months after the launch of Four Heros? :glare:

On another note im sure IceMan was bragin about how much work was done coding sides of things, Where are those exe`s? Im also sure he said he had a good strong group of coders?

Not like IceMan to not produce.

lol ice .. why the hell wud u want to go play a server that aint really any good ? usa mir is a pile of pooop and im gobsmacked that it is still running.. gl any way m8

Agreed its far from the standards of what it should be and its clear those guys are only trying to revive something that died to purley make money from it.

Mir goes on...

Last edited: