ReTRoN? Yes or No !

Join Discord

transporter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 12, 2008
Darlington
As there is not many servers around atm i was thinking of putting this up again fresh with a few new added features.
Would people play?
Obviously depending on the outcome of what you think will make my decission if to or not.

Thanks,

-JayZ

w00t84

Big Dick
Golden Oldie
May 25, 2004
Newcastle!
Sounds cool. Servers are needed, whether people disliked the fact theres donations or not.

Currently working on a server with a friend of mine, been working solely on the DB for 1 week now - shows how much effort is going into it :)

But yeah Jay. Get it up, sounds like a plan mate :)

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
in need of cash again? :rolleyes:

wots point, ull put it up for a month, make some money, then put it down agian lol... it wasnt even that good a server

transporter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 12, 2008
Darlington
The two people that say no are from OS team lol. Ben OldSkool isn`t that good of a server anyway, trust me. Lets leave that conversation there.

Anyway i`ll have a think about it.

Thanks for feedback.

Good luck on your server W00t mate.

Orphanmaker1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 9, 2009
Never heard of it. Sounds crap though, and you sound like a money hungry piece of scum.

At least Bon has the excuse that Mir is actually his life - the be all and end all, and outside in the real world he would fail so epicly and miserably that I would donate money towards his awesomely bad server just to watch.

Last edited:

transporter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 12, 2008
Darlington
Never heard of it. Sounds crap though, and you sound like a money hungry piece of scum.

At least Bon has the excuse that Mir is actually his life - the be all and end all, and outside in the real world he would fail so epicly and miserably that I would donate money towards his awesomely bad server just to watch.

Who are you? Atleast we are capable.
You say it sounds crap, yet you imply that you have never heard of it. Backwards? Are you?

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
Go for the more servers the better, i myself tryed oldskool for the 1st time last night and wasn't all that impressed with it, logged on for 10 mins and got bored of it don't see the big deal about it but thats my opinion. And wasn't retron open for alot longer than a month ? not that i've played that either but no harm in having more servers out there too pick from.

Lucafer

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 15, 2008
Newbury,Berks
i did enjoy retron when it was until it got way over run by donations i mean no new items went into drops except advguild items and all the rest went straight into donation list. expecally the x10 gm pot that was way ott. but other then that server was fun. except for a few nob heads lol

im not puttin server down just thought if ideas wen into server other then donations it prob wud of been better..

no disrespect jay :D

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
i did enjoy retron when it was until it got way over run by donations i mean no new items went into drops except advguild items and all the rest went straight into donation list. expecally the x10 gm pot that was way ott. but other then that server was fun. except for a few nob heads lol

im not puttin server down just thought if ideas wen into server other then donations it prob wud of been better..

no disrespect jay :D

If thats the case then imo its wrong all items should be in drops and not just in donations, also dont like the idea where can just buy your kit, it should be worked for that makes a far more much better game to play and fair, You can still have donations with out having kits in there.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

i have a life outside of mir thanks, i got a gf, friends, and im out quite a lot, how about u? lol.

just funny how whenever i make a thread or post an opinion ppl always mention OS. its not in the best of states atm ill admit that, always have... too many mistakes have been made.. hence why im plannin for the future, that is fourheros ;)

w00t84

Big Dick
Golden Oldie
May 25, 2004
Newcastle!
I actually get sick of people saying those same few words 'let's not talk about OS'. It isn't brought up because people are thinking about you Ben... it's because, whether people choose to admit it, it has and will always be one of the best servers that was around for some time.

I'm assuming there will be donations, since the server needs payments to keep them running. However, maybe it'll be thought out more fluently this time, or at least hopefully. :)

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
he hosts on his home PC tho, thats whats so funny

last time he had it up, hosted on his own PC, free forums, and client was hosted on filefront(free)

there were no costs lol..

riddic123

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Oct 18, 2007
Hastings
So what does that meen may b he dosent want to pay for summin when he can get it free
ever think of that?

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
u completely missing the point?

whole point of a "donation" was to help the upkeep and cost of a dedi server, ftp, etc, general server costs

if he has no costs, every single penny of the "donation" clearly goes in his pocket

he puts server down after a few months due to some retarded reason "ive had another baby i have no time" "my pc randomly blew up" etc etc.

hes in it for the money, and nothing else lol

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk
I agree with bon is some aspects but even running a server at home has it's cost's you need a good internet connection and a good pc that your not going to use to ensure server is up 24/7 im sure some donations are needed but not a great amount at all and should not be silly and ott.