Reunited [2.3] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Re: Mir reunited

2.3 are not balanced at all imo, warriors are far too powerful, TDB and FS completely ignore AC/shield makin any items with AC on pointless in PvP.

slow and PA are stupidly overpowered

Slow increases the duration of wizards slow spells (blizzard/ frost crunch)

curse lasts forever

the list continues... this is why people started using heroes/ruby instead of 2.3

give it a week and there will be crys about all the cheats being used, such as ppl being too fast or hurting 2 much.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

2.3 are not balanced at all imo, warriors are far too powerful, TDB and FS completely ignore AC/shield makin any items with AC on pointless in PvP.

slow and PA are stupidly overpowered

Slow increases the duration of wizards slow spells (blizzard/ frost crunch)

curse lasts forever

the list continues... this is why people started using heroes/ruby instead of 2.3

give it a week and there will be crys about all the cheats being used, such as ppl being too fast or hurting 2 much.

another post riddled with ulterior motive! You 2 have no shame. You ran a 2.3 for a pretty long time right? You'ved told us about it enough times...

Last edited:

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008

another post riddled with ulterior motive! You 2 have no shame. You ran a 2.3 for a pretty long time right? You'ved told us about it enough times...

I assume you mean me as the 2nd person? If so, I have no ulterior motive.

I've recently been redoing our anti-cheat systems, and was wondering if any had popped up on that.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

what are you on about? i ran a 2.3 for about 4months before me and matt started our own custom files, for the above reasons that i stated... the files are not balanced at all.

you need to give it a rest seriously, just stop this childish grudge and sort urself out, ur meant to be an admin now, jeez.

every thing i stated above is true, TDB FS ignore AC /shield and are OP. curse lasts for x amount of secs depending on base SC, its OP. slow is OP.

the whole point of hero/ruby files were to replace the unbalanced / buggy / exploitable 2.3 TD files, yet cause this server is using them they are now suddenly perfectly super duper and good?

Witty44

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 21, 2010

To be honest i remeber mir revenge.. Slow, PA, tdb and flaming sword were major problems>

I had asumed that had been adressed and found a way round>

If not, then obviously that will be a huge knock, to what seems a wonderful idea of a server.

Though i guess there is no point going on about it, give the server change. For all we know they may have found a way round such problems =)

I for one will still be giving it a go!

Jadelina

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 22, 2011

I assume you mean me as the 2nd person? If so, I have no ulterior motive.

I've recently been redoing our anti-cheat systems, and was wondering if any had popped up on that.

Message me on msn next time you're on, someone told me yesterday on fb they're using cheats on your server. Might be worth looking into

sumfuka

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 14, 2007

give cheats lol /joke

I dont get all the hate for bon on this thread, some one else brought up the tdb issue. He's only saying there are problems with the 2.3 files. And no it's no an ass licking post, I don't play any mir servers (I did try this one).

I think mir players have misconceptions of how good the game was. Yes PvP at high end was great, the boring grinding for levels was not.

BleH

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 14, 2004
Bristol, UK, England

TDB fine if anything its op even with the delay dont get what all the complaining with the wars is and as far as im aware flamesword doesnt cut ac at all

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

what are you on about? i ran a 2.3 for about 4months before me and matt started our own custom files, for the above reasons that i stated... the files are not balanced at all.

you need to give it a rest seriously, just stop this childish grudge and sort urself out, ur meant to be an admin now, jeez.

every thing i stated above is true, TDB FS ignore AC /shield and are OP. curse lasts for x amount of secs depending on base SC, its OP. slow is OP.

the whole point of hero/ruby files were to replace the unbalanced / buggy / exploitable 2.3 TD files, yet cause this server is using them they are now suddenly perfectly super duper and good?

Oldskool was only online 4 months? What you chattin about?

Everyone knows the issues with 2.3 files and have been working with them for a very long time. You think base sc is going to upset curse on a low rate? I ran a x5 on these files for 8 months and had no balance issues that couldn't be countered at all. You're talking out your ass.

And for the record I don't agree with anyone using these files when we have 2 more advanced sets out there that people IMO have wasted a lot of time on for a community people won't use cos they're lazy or selfish.

Last edited:

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008

Oldskool was only online 4 months? What you chattin about?

OldSkool started on 2.3 files, then me and Shane built a replica of TD 2.3 files and moved OldSkool over to them. That then gave us the option to address balancing issues and change whatever we wanted.

Files have continued to develop into what we have now.

If stats remain fairly low on this server the balancing issues might not be a massive issue, only time will tell I guess.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

And for the record I don't agree with anyone using these files when we have 2 more advanced sets out there that people IMO have wasted a lot of time on for a community people won't use cos they're lazy or selfish.
which brings me back to my orginal question, why the **** are you argueing with me?

your doing it just for the sake of it, give it a rest and grow up jesus. time to let it go tai seriously, getting old.

Reactions: Nemo

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

Because you're arguing it from the point of view that they're buggy and generally making them sound unfit to run this server with the clear intention of wanting to make people avoid it. Snide comments, it's what you do best. That's what's old.

Jesus

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Feb 3, 2011

More exp/drop changes in this reboot.

May i ask what your testers actually tested?

Also, your forums arent working lol.

Jesus

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Feb 3, 2011

The game?

Yes it looks like testers really tested....

Why was exprate not sorted? Droprate? Surely thats what you have beta testers for. Or did you all get leveled to 50 and go on jollys to ZT ?

sumfuka

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 14, 2007

i also thought there was ment to be no donating

We have received 1 GBP in donations. Our goal is to raise 300 GBP.

is on the forum at the bottom, now im confused?.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004

Well done on making yourself the biggest tit on the thread...

Tits are good, well worth it :)

As for the donation, its an option for players who want to help keep the dedi running, IT'S not for DONATED items.

Jesus

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Feb 3, 2011

what about the guy running round with slow+ gale rings, legit?

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004

I got a sc+2 pa+1 Charm ring, looks like added items have been increased on drop.

Whats it matter to you anyways ? You can run through FIRE "Jesus"

Jesus

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Feb 3, 2011

And walk on water.

Lots and lots of little things popping up that give me suspicions that not everything is being played on an even field. :)

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield

i also thought there was ment to be no donating

We have received 1 GBP in donations. Our goal is to raise 300 GBP.

is on the forum at the bottom, now im confused?.
Their donations, are donations.

Not a gameshop, or pay £100 for a DragonSlayer, or pay £400 for level50 and full kit. Etc.