Rise of the Archons [2.6+] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Stavros

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Re: Rise of the Archons - Rule of the Arcane Lords

oh wait wait now its 133 and yesterday at this time was more than 350+ how come? 217 user left in 1 day ?

The majority of people actually work

Razarus

Sour Sally
Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2013

oh wait wait now its 133 and yesterday at this time was more than 350+ how come? 217 user left in 1 day ?

hahah, you look a fool.

Lets all get together and investigate this really strange usercount issue..
So Easter Monday, a bank holiday (That means a day off work for 90% of workers) has 217 more players than Tuesday a standard working day.
hmmmm, No I am stumped! must be user count hacks!!

---------- Post Merged at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:48 AM ----------

To add, it's crazy the amount of hate this server is getting from other developers.
The jealousy is clear to see.

Anyone reading, try the server if you want to, don't if you don't want to but please ignore the opinions of these developers with sub 30 user counts at peak times. They CLEARLY aren't able to run good servers so if they leave a negative review for this one, it probably means its considerably better than their own.

The patcher put me off unfortunately, It ran so incredibly slow I turned it off and played something else, got drawn into the something else and haven't been back yet. I'll wait for the launch issues and balance to level out a little and get a cheeky boost from some friends.

Good luck.

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

Congratulations on 60 players reaching level 29+ today. As promised the level cap will be raised.

New Level Cap: 39
Soft Level Cap: 36

Soft cap buff:

• +20% Magic Find
  • +20% Gold Find
  • +20% Drop Rate

Today's updates and fixes:
  • Ancient Cunning increased from 1-3% to 2-5%
  • Added two new achievements 5k Stone temple kills and 6k ZT kills
  • Lowered delay after casting Fire Orb / Ice Orb skills
  • New command @who added (display user-count)
  • New command @pkpoint added (display player kill points)
  • Increased duration you can lay on the floor dead to 6 minutes
  • Fixed bug showing placeholder quests!!
  • Fixed spelling errors on deal cancellation
  • Fixed tooltip update problems on skills
  • Fixed Evil Ape quest in West cavern
  • Moved text overlay of HP on revelation to above bar
  • Dead monsters do not show on nameview
  • Spell lock now remains after using a non-lock skill
  • Simplified Book of the Dead quest
  • Lowered DC accross all Barbarian weapons
  • Increased Decimate damage output
  • Increased Slash skill damage output
  • Dispatch does 10% more damage to undead
update for anyone who doesn't have forums account. (posted by GM)

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester

Not sure if people want me to update the server, or hold their hand and tell them it will all be okay :couple_inlove:

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008

Is my suspension going to still be in place? And how do I prevent this? A simple warning would of made me think twice.

-Ash/DarkLord

---------- Post Merged at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Just happened again..

http://imgur.com/a/dyGAK

Anyway to avoid this and will it be taken off??

-Ash

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015

Currently sin is not worth playing hunting in big groups with various classes over several hunts i offer very little to nothing any hunt/group (compared to the strength of some classes/skills)

FIXING ATTACK SPEED is gonna have to be priority and then we can look at dispatch and other incredibly weak/worthless skills on assassin.
im literally waiting for a Gm to reply were working on it - because right now my character is so underpowered i don't value playing it.

/Ghost lvl 28 assassin

this.

Unsure why attack speed fix seems to not be important ? It makes a whole class invalid as barbarians are better at all aspects until our attack speed is fixed. Multiple posts on forums regarding it and almost no feedback ?/

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

hahah, you look a fool.

Lets all get together and investigate this really strange usercount issue..
So Easter Monday, a bank holiday (That means a day off work for 90% of workers) has 217 more players than Tuesday a standard working day.
hmmmm, No I am stumped! must be user count hacks!!

---------- Post Merged at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:48 AM ----------

To add, it's crazy the amount of hate this server is getting from other developers.
The jealousy is clear to see.

Anyone reading, try the server if you want to, don't if you don't want to but please ignore the opinions of these developers with sub 30 user counts at peak times. They CLEARLY aren't able to run good servers so if they leave a negative review for this one, it probably means its considerably better than their own.

The patcher put me off unfortunately, It ran so incredibly slow I turned it off and played something else, got drawn into the something else and haven't been back yet. I'll wait for the launch issues and balance to level out a little and get a cheeky boost from some friends.

Good luck.
lol theres no jealousy just fun to see the reactions out of certain people getting upset. Do you want a hug :cheerful:.
I'm 99% sure Scorp doesn't take anything to heart and doesn't really care what's said about the usercount.. its just a bit of light hearted banter

Sorry its been a while since there's been any decent active threads on lomcn worth posting on :(

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

[*]Lowered DC accross all Barbarian weapons

[*]Increased Slash skill damage output

[*]Dispatch does 10% more damage to undead

update for anyone who doesn't have forums account. (posted by GM)
there goes the sin balance lol

---------- Post Merged at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Is my suspension going to still be in place? And how do I prevent this? A simple warning would of made me think twice.

-Ash/DarkLord

---------- Post Merged at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Just happened again..

http://imgur.com/a/dyGAK

Anyway to avoid this and will it be taken off??

-Ash

wtf you get banned for?

"Rise of the shittest..." lmao!

ashleyuk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Nov 18, 2008

Yer before Mir we where playing Ark so I decided to fck around and call the folder 'Rise of the shittest Mir alive' not realizing it was going to create it's own folder. gf me.

But nothing with scorpion yet :/

-Ash

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England

You just pissed off aload of casual players by removing books from the shops now and putting them into drop files..... how in anyway is this fair to the players? Play 24/7 get all the books, now you decide to remove them on the sly and now all us casuals are hitting the levels we can't gain them by buying from the shop....

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

put spells up to 30 and let everyone hunt the rest..

everyone just wants a easy game, the game will get boring fast without any rare spells drop and something to look forward too.

weps
robes
books
stones
charms for slots should all have rares.
and alot of other ****.

but everything is sold in shops means there is next to nothing to hunt for other than accessories making the game way to easy for the people who cba to put the effort in, each player has to put the effort in to get the same reward... cant expect someone who plays 2 hours to get the same reward as someone who puts in 10-12 hours.

if the nerds who no life the server get some nice items/rares drop they deserve it for the time they put into the server... end of the day time plays off on Mir you should all know this by now.

there is already a cap in game to help the casuals keep up, not like the GM doesn't help the casuals.... i myself didnt buy any of the level 33 books/robe but who's cares? things that will no doubt drop before i'm that level.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

I don't care aslong as they don't go in the gameshop im good, keep them off bosses like exwizz said nothing here is current rare, only way of getting rare items is hoping you get lucky ID'in an item.

SilvaRoberto

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014

You just pissed off aload of casual players by removing books from the shops now and putting them into drop files..... how in anyway is this fair to the players? Play 24/7 get all the books, now you decide to remove them on the sly and now all us casuals are hitting the levels we can't gain them by buying from the shop....

day 4 of the clown fiesta

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England

day 4 of the clown fiesta

Exactly, there is now a massive disadvantage on the players that couldn't geek levels and buy the skills form the shops, so that means all the people that have the skills can now keep levelling faster / and gain even more of a massive advantage and the players that weren't able to buy the skills now have to try and obtain them form a sub/boss, while the players that already have em can just keep flying up the levels...

SilvaRoberto

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 19, 2014

Exactly, there is now a massive disadvantage on the players that couldn't geek levels and buy the skills form the shops, so that means all the people that have the skills can now keep levelling faster / and gain even more of a massive advantage and the players that weren't able to buy the skills now have to try and obtain them form a sub/boss, while the players that already have em can just keep flying up the levels...

to soften the blow of this, books only droppping from EvilSnake+WomaTaurus

:headphones:

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK

I agree with this... to an extent