Router Help (Again)

Join Discord

LivingDead

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 18, 2005
well i posted this a while back (couple of months ish) thort i sorted but me n my dad r gettin anoyed with stupid fookin router (Belkin) tryed to forward ports in wat is supose to be the rite place to put it (according to just about every guide i have looked at)

untitled1bw.jpg

Virtual server for Bittorrent/EchoLink(which my dads needs)

i did have stuff in this although i had to reset the router defalts since it fooked up.
untitled28mm.jpg

Application for mir server gates (Login etc) and other things like WOW so i can connect to the download.

although none of it works i typed it all in correctly n my dad (as far as i know by the guides).

any one know of any good (working of course) guides that i can use or any help if any one has had problems with belkin routers.

thx

Davyv

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 8, 2004
South Wales
i have a belkin router, have followed many guides, even crystals guide, and hav never managed to get a server running, i gave up, too much hastle lol.

wazz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2003
If its bittorrent you simply just put in the IP you've got your bittorrent program to use - think default is 6881

So if you was to forward 6881 you just put.. 6881 in both trigger ports and 6881 in both private ports... and then in private IP you obviously put in the IP of that particular computer on your network

Same goes for mir, except you'll be forwarding more than 1 port. (And you should have room to put each port on a seperate line)

Here's some pictures for you regarding bittorrent

portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Belkin/F5D5231-4/BitTorrent.htm

But just so you know.... it only shows 6881 to 6889 on there if you was to download 9 things at the same time. (First bittorrent that connects would use port 6881, your next bittorrent you start would use port 6882 etc) - So if you only download 1 at a time you only need to forward 6881 and no others.

Last edited: