Ruby or TD?

smoochy boys on tour

pwnage

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 17, 2006
what ones are better and would be able to go online?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Yeh. Don't bother with Ruby though, it's a dead end as nothing more will be released and it's not even up to 2.3 standards.

Upvote 0

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Yeh. Don't bother with Ruby though, it's a dead end as nothing more will be released and it's not even up to 2.3 standards.

How can you say its not 2.3 if you haven't used or got the last exes?
The fact ruby was coded from out test 2.2 code they closer then tds

Upvote 0

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

I think you'll find we're talking about the released files. You know, the crap that's no good to anyone but you all cried about it anyway?

So your talk of "last exe's" is inane kthxbai

Upvote 0

kash12

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 22, 2004
Well the fact that elysian itself 'downgraded' to tds files kind of speaks volumes doesn't it.

/Nymph

Upvote 0

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
Well the fact that elysian itself 'downgraded' to tds files kind of speaks volumes doesn't it.

/Nymph

Its what happens when you start building a server around a set of custom files for that server, and the coders leave. Whereas TD's were developed to run on any server, with limitations as he hated high rates.

Upvote 0

Gezza

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 23, 2008
uk

There still useless to everyone else without the latest exes, so yeh tai is correct, the exe's floating around are not up to td's standards for an online server it don't matter to anyone on here what state there at now, as no one here is going to be using them so the ruby files can be called useless to those who don't have access to the latest exes.

Upvote 0

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
No, but from what Iceman has said they weren't as configurable as TDs, hindering the development of them without a coder.

that was months ago now that me kyn and lil had talks we changed alot.

To Nymph

Paul move to a 2.3 server , i myself closed ely due to afew ressons main was due to my and kyns work loads.

Upvote 0

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
If TD is doing mir anymore why doesnt he release his sources?

He's always been strict about his sources, and he's already had his share of stick for it, so don't try and pass the buck there. Plus he did release exe's, which is all that's been asked of you at the end of the day. I think it's probably safe to say he's got a better reason(s) than you though..

Upvote 0