Rydus-Wall

Join Discord

Slanesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Stoke, England
Almost completely finished this one. It's going to be one of the main cities in my RP'ing server, so I wanted to make it have a separate map from the hunting areas (I've attributed off everywhere beyond the bridges, so when you cross a bridge it actually moves into a different map. This way, I can have this as a SAFE map to disable PKing in town (means it's a safe place to idle, etc).

http://www.clan-tsa.co.uk/images/rhydan/RD01.JPG

I still need to add the quests, but I've got all shop enterances and most of the NPCs working perfectly ;)

I'd like opinions and possible improvements please!

EDIT: Thanks to Farril and Toxick for suggesting how I should work the attrib markers and MapInfo - works a treat!

Last edited:

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
Very very nice map :) I really like it. I think maybe some more path somewhere just to fill it out a bit more as it still seems a bit empty if ya know what I mean. Other than that nice map, very nice. Good luck with server, I know I'll be playing definitely.

Slanesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Stoke, England
Thanks m8 :) I'm actually filling up the map now as I type (well not AS I type, but whilst I'm browsing boards). The image quality is a bit sucky, as you can't see half of the detail which was already in it.

Slanesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Stoke, England
I won't be releasing my server map files publicly (obviously you'll be able to downlaod them). If I ever get around to it, I'm actually planning to make a spare server map set (of like 25 maps) which I'll be releasing.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
really like that, looks v proffessional, imo it would work better if you could go outside the castle. but its still very good like tht. wd :)

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
That map looks VERY good, although yes if you would add a forest and stuff around the town it would be PERFECT!

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Slanesh said:
I won't be releasing my server map files publicly (obviously you'll be able to downlaod them). If I ever get around to it, I'm actually planning to make a spare server map set (of like 25 maps) which I'll be releasing.
ok thanks m8 :)

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
the map looks very nice, nice detailed and everything, i just have some things to pick :P

firstly, when you walk out do you pass the bridge to change map? and can you walk inbetween the water and the wall(the small sand area) as the middle part of the right hand side, its to close to the end of the map, so if someone ventures out to there... they will see blackness..

secondly the trees, from looking at the picture, they all look the same,(ecpt for the yellow ones:P) im just saying try and have a bit of variety, and such :P but maybe you did and its just me :P

anyways it is a very nice map :)

SkyDragon

.::Mario Ftw::.
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2004
West-Yorkshire :)
thats nice that m8 , would be more professional looking ingame if you could run freely about insted of keep changing maps. ingame it might look better :) very nice map m8

Slanesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Stoke, England
I just plan on having it as the case for this map alone (so there is one safe map). I'm unsure how to make safe zones, so it's the only resort I can possibly think of to keep the town safe.

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
to make a map safe, in the Map info put this beside it SAFE

and it will be a safe zone

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
if he wants certain parts of the map a SZ then, he will need to but a town teleport spot, all around it, town teleports spots have a safe zone of 8x8 so he will need to do alot.

Slanesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Stoke, England
Okies, thanks for the info :)

I just went and made whole map SAFE to save the trouble, as I have seen on some private servers people getting PK'd as soon as they leave the SZ, so it'd save a lot of hassle and griefing.

Richens

LOMCN VIP (Mapper)
VIP
Jul 28, 2004
UK - Midlands
Nice detailed map.
Like people are saying its layout is slightly similar to Bichon (being square and all). But again, the detail is nice and i would like to have a walk about it in game to see further detail.

8/10 I wana see the rest of the map now :P

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Shard and AngelOfDeath are taking a break for one day, hope they will cool off, if not continue in the HoF section.