Sabuk's Walls.

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
Ok I'm currently making a new Castle map and I'm at the point of adding my walls, BUT! I can't seem to get Sabuk's walls to line up ? I've tried about 10 times to line them up and just can't seem to do it. Anyone else had this problem ?

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
ye, its one of those gay things, when they make the walls etc, the gate is bigger than normal pieces, so you got to balanace it out, which is hard to do without tryin, i prefer to use smaller walls, alot easier lol

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
It aint too hard mate. Just keep your eye on the coords of the map and its easier

Omen/

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
ye, its one of those gay things, when they make the walls etc, the gate is bigger than normal pieces, so you got to balanace it out, which is hard to do without tryin, i prefer to use smaller walls, alot easier lol

Nah thats not the problem. I've made a few maps using various walls such as Bichon's and had no problems what so ever. Its just sabuk's walls will not line up, give it a go for yourself and you'll see exactly what I mean.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
ue i know what you mean, BW do line up, i use BW, i have tried to use SW, and it didnt work, so i scraped it, have you tried making it so its the same size as SW? instead of making ur own shape? thats only way to do it easy, or just sit and try many combos to try get one to work (try hide mess ups with shops, trees etc?? (if any big enought lol)

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
ue i know what you mean, BW do line up, i use BW, i have tried to use SW, and it didnt work, so i scraped it, have you tried making it so its the same size as SW? instead of making ur own shape? thats only way to do it easy, or just sit and try many combos to try get one to work (try hide mess ups with shops, trees etc?? (if any big enought lol)

Yeah I got an image of sabuk and tried to duplicate it, copied wall lengths and somehow it STILL did not join up. Can't see why its doing it though, pritty confusing. Reason I want to use sabuk is for the outlets in the gate section for archers. Probably going to have to give up on these walls though, lol.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
i've got an idea you could use, ill do a basic version of it on map maker for you, if u pm me ur msn ill send u it (you can then make ur own copy of it) just lemme see if it works XD

Dave85

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
All i can suggest on this matter is that, if you've made any indoor maps for a shop or something, you can simply just choose a type of wall then plonk it next to another. Sabuks walls aren't all the same if you look closely at the detailing, the only way of getting a custom map using Subuks walls is use the broken up objects instead of the whole object and find a possible reoccuring pattern to follow, it takes alot of work but the results can be worth while, depends on what your time scale is and how fast you wish to see results.

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
All i can suggest on this matter is that, if you've made any indoor maps for a shop or something, you can simply just choose a type of wall then plonk it next to another. Sabuks walls aren't all the same if you look closely at the detailing, the only way of getting a custom map using Subuks walls is use the broken up objects instead of the whole object and find a possible reoccuring pattern to follow, it takes alot of work but the results can be worth while, depends on what your time scale is and how fast you wish to see results.

I'll give it a go.

Cheers for the help all.