Saxo 1.6i VTR?

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Hi all.

I currently have a 1.0 Saxo Scandal cost 1,100 to buy and 1,400 to insure third party theft and fire.

Now i just got a job as a delivery driver for dominos pizza and was thinking of going higher.

A Saxo 1.6i VTR is going to cost 1,599 about 499 more than my current and 1,600 to insure which is 200 more.

Any views as to wether i should get the 1.6?

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Hi all.

I currently have a 1.0 Saxo Scandal cost 1,100 to buy and 1,400 to insure third party theft and fire.

Now i just got a job as a delivery driver for dominos pizza and was thinking of going higher.

A Saxo 1.6i VTR is going to cost 1,599 about 499 more than my current and 1,600 to insure which is 200 more.

Any views as to wether i should get the 1.6?
well ive heard 1.6 VTR are pritty good car's but think of it this way. ull be forking out another 200pound on top of you insurance. id keep with your 1.0 for another year or so because of you no years claim's ive got a ROVER 25 (MG ZR 1.4 engine) and cost's me £1076 third party fire and theft and i have 1 year's no cliam's

i recon you should just w8 for another year tbh

/ancient

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Yea i was thinking to wait ive only just got the 1.0 saxo had it for about 3-4weeks now i was also looking at ROVER 25 nice car ^^

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland
Can I get a 14" Ultimate Deep Dish Deluxxe Feast, Some Hot Buffalo Wings and a large bottle of coke

And dont send that bloke in the saxo as last time he did the delivery my food was cold

Im sorry Xander but it had to be done :P

BH

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales
ok, my m8s got one of these, fully kitted spoiler alloys lowered the dogs bollocks. cost him 2500 ish but he got a loan to buy it.

bad points:
**** on fuel so wouldnt be any good for delivery's
rattles like **** in the back
still a small car
and it falls into the boy racer category that the police love to harass you for.

good points:
its a very fast car for around town and dual carriageways.
reasonabley cheap insurance for the engine size.

this is not the car you want for doing delivery's, youd be better off getting a VW lupo 1.4 gti/tdi/16v sport.

anyway was with my mate sat in his car in car park bout 10 at night and these 2 mg zr's starting reving and red lineing and they sounded ok, then my m8 starts up his saxo red line's it and it sounded amazing and literally 2minutes later both mg's drove off lol.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
what WifeBeater said.

boy racer cat, low mpg and u will officially be a gary boy.

lozmuir

Former Moderator
VIP
Apr 17, 2003
Congleton, Cheshire.
Had 1 for my first car, not a bad first car but wouldnt buy a saxo again. Think mine cost £2500 and it was a mk2, 2001 reg.

Though i had fun modding it, if you choose the right direction to modify the car then its easy to escape from the "boy racer" bracket.

Floyd

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2004
police don't bother you if you've got a sleeper ;)

not true, i was harrassed like a mofo when i ran the beetle.

VTR, decent enough car if u like sumit thats made of paper machae and plastic from the top of starbucks take out cups... + ull have to live with the fact its probly gunna brake down as soon as u take it over 100k

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
lol some good advice thanks guys and i see wha you mean by the rattle problem i thought it was just mine but when i turn the music up sounds like parts are falling of it. I didnt add the amp/sub etc came with it but from inside it sounds great outside you can heard everything shaking etc.

Got stopped the other night for a general stop and check on my paper work etc when driving to college in peterborough in just a standard saxo.

My m8s just brought a 1.4 polo took it for a drive etc seemed ok not my type of car though. Any one got any advice on the new typeR? looks great was going to get the old 1.4 civic for my first car wasnt too bad on insurance neither.

Can I get a 14" Ultimate Deep Dish Deluxxe Feast, Some Hot Buffalo Wings and a large bottle of coke

And dont send that bloke in the saxo as last time he did the delivery my food was cold

Im sorry Xander but it had to be done

BH

lol got my car stuck on a river bank on sunday night thanks to tomtom -.- had to call my dad to come pull me out. 86minutes from leaving the store, delivering the pizza and coming back got the pizza there in time tho ^^

Prai

Most Importantest
VIP
Sep 10, 2004
My mates got a Vauxhall astra sports something, Verrry nice. And the insurance on that was lower than his 1.4 saxo..

Perebble

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 11, 2006
www.atomicide.com
this is not the car you want for doing delivery's, youd be better off getting a VW lupo 1.4 gti/tdi/16v sport.
Well that's stupid.
You want something that sips petrol if you're gonna be doing deliveries.
And drive economically.

Better off going for a light car with something between 1.2l and 1.4l if you want it to be nippy.

Floyd

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2004
lol some good advice thanks guys and i see wha you mean by the rattle problem i thought it was just mine but when i turn the music up sounds like parts are falling of it. I didnt add the amp/sub etc came with it but from inside it sounds great outside you can heard everything shaking etc.

Got stopped the other night for a general stop and check on my paper work etc when driving to college in peterborough in just a standard saxo.

My m8s just brought a 1.4 polo took it for a drive etc seemed ok not my type of car though. Any one got any advice on the new typeR? looks great was going to get the old 1.4 civic for my first car wasnt too bad on insurance neither.

lol got my car stuck on a river bank on sunday night thanks to tomtom -.- had to call my dad to come pull me out. 86minutes from leaving the store, delivering the pizza and coming back got the pizza there in time tho ^^

new type r?? ur joking rite? insurance companies would rape u silly.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Thats where i saw it the new type r looks much better i think even tho the old type r kicked its ass. Btw yea my insurance would be a ton on the new typeR would still love one though.

Got to take my saxo in on friday clutch might be going and something is up with the cv joint.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
tbh the new TYPE R is uggerly i prefer the old one tbh. and yes the insurance would rape you silly.

well better take it in sooner then l8er, if you broke down and couldnt go anywhere you'de have to fork out more money lol >.<

/ancient

Colonel

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Dec 30, 2005
Newport S.Wales