Scripting

Join Discord

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Ok im totaly a noob on this and i want to learn some things i dont really understand the envir

If i want to add a quest where do i start?

There is \Envir\Convert_Def\QuestDiary
Envir\QuestDiary

Where do i add the quest?

So can some1 please explain to me ?:)

kyeron

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 28, 2008
timisoara
what kind of quest do u whant to add ? as there's loads of ways to add a quest . so give us an exemple of quest u want to add if u want some1 to be able to help

Upvote 0

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Well go and kill 50 WoomaFighter for example, and can you add it to ''D'' menu ? What i mean is you open D menu and you click a option : [Quest Progress] and it will check how many quests you have accepted and if its possible you can only accept 5 quest and cannot accept more untill you finish them

Upvote 0

T0MMY

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2007
United Kingdom
I think this is a thing you teach yourself, believe me if i told you it will just go straight over your head. Use converts from your questdiary to convert_Def questdiary. Use euro quests as examples.

Upvote 0

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
I think this is a thing you teach yourself, believe me if i told you it will just go straight over your head. Use converts from your questdiary to convert_Def questdiary. Use euro quests as examples.
i can spend hour's figuering out you know that no ?

I want to know where do i start, what i mean is from begining

Upvote 0

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
You should start with Basic scripting, have a look at Xtreme's Scripting Lessons in the Sticky Threads.

Once you have mastered them, you should know enough to ask the right type of question.

Upvote 0

kyeron

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 28, 2008
timisoara
as both SS and ida told u , u need to learn basic scripting as what ur asking for is quite easy but takes a while to explain it , i mean no1 can just paste u a script that does everything as u have to put the option to start the quest on an npc/D menu , for each quest u have to give a flag , after when the player goes in the map to kill , u have to put mondie scripts in mapquest to check for the flag and start counting or not the mobs he kills , then for only 5 quests at the same time , u can do a list were the quests add 1 each time u start it and decrese 1 each time u finish it , and when u start one u make a check to see if that number is equal with 5 ( if = then u cant start , if lower then u can start)
as u see only explaining what u should do takes a while , if i put everything on scripts il give u half of envir folder :)) , and it will probably not work as everything has to be done useing ur EXACT mobs name/map numbers/flags that are not used for anything else and so on ...

Upvote 0