Server advertisements

smoochy boys on tour

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
Is anyone sick of the constant advertisements for server that seem to not arrive? I get servers take time to make, but heres an idea - how about advertising your server when the main basis of it ACTUALLY EXISTS. Not an idea of what you have planned, because lets face it plans don't always work out the way you think they would.

I think some new rules should be set in place for the Server Advertisement forum, something along the lines of not being able to advertise a server without proof its on its way to being playable/released (Via screenshots/video).
Also any server advertisements that are left without an update for a few days should be closed and deleted. That way if the feeling strikes them to work on it again at least people will know they have somewhat of an interest in actually mkaing it this time because they went through the process of describing it YET AGAIN in YET ANOTHER advertising thread.

Maybe 50% of this rant is just anger at not being able to find a decent server to play, but if you actually read it i make some good points - I know, scary! :agree:

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
Maybe 50% of this rant is just anger at not being able to find a decent server to play

You're actually angry that you don't have a server to play?

God help whoever lives with you when the net knocks off.

PS: I agree.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
i agree, 90% of server adverts never happen, but then agian.. if u removed em... just 1 less thing 2 read

also, lets alot of ppl get boners over servers they think are gonna be uber.. then never happen lol

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
PS: I agree.

You get angry too? :D

In a time when the release of a mir server is a rare occasion, i don't think people should be allowed to say they are going to create a server just because they can.

LiIacF

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 19, 2006
Also any server advertisements that are left without an update for a few days should be closed and deleted. That way if the feeling strikes them to work on it again at least people will know they have somewhat of an interest in actually mkaing it this time because they went through the process of describing it YET AGAIN in YET ANOTHER advertising thread.
:agree:

What if they're not able to update it? Or nothing has been done in the past few days because they haven't had time?

Agree with you on the rest though

NewHope

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 18, 2005
What if they're not able to update it? Or nothing has been done in the past few days because they haven't had time?

Agree with you on the rest though

If they don't have time during the development process then that doesn't say much for the future of the server. Of course there are certain circumstances that could prevent them from updating and hitting the week deadline - but if there totally serious about a release - reposting wouldn't be a problem...

Wonds cute. Not funny or relevant - but cute. Like a little puppy that you just wanna squeeze and squeeze until its eyes buldge from its sockets. Thats damn cute!

Fire

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 15, 2003
agreed server posts should be closed and hence drop off if there is no activity, but to restrict servers in upcoming based on only release if within a week is slightly silly, especially if they are wanting user input. equally as with any project nothing ever goes to timetable... therefore that is why people often do not explicitly state the release date.

Wond

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 24, 2004
IRELAND
Wonds cute. Not funny or relevant - but cute. Like a little puppy that you just wanna squeeze and squeeze until its eyes buldge from its sockets. Thats damn cute!

Put that pipe down.

On another note. Not one straight man that I know likes to squeeze puppies. Thanks for letting us all in on your sexual preferences but seriously pal, nobody is interested.

Last edited:

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
Agreed. Less of my upcoming server threads would do the community some good ;)

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
in all honesty, the only thing it comes down to yet again, is that we need more active moderators.......

koni is our only mod, hes very rarely about.

Omen_lom

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 29, 2006
Has there been any thought about recruiting some new mods?

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
why would ne1 make u a mod, when all u do is flame, and try to abuse ppl. ud be the worse mod ever