Server Extender - New project

smoochy boys on tour

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
I am starting a new project and would like to know the reactions from the mir3 server owners/users.

The premise for my project is to write a small application that is ran in conjunction with the server to add extended functionality - especially for administrating the server population.

Some functions that I think I will include will be:
-Added commands for GMs, allowing them to change peoples passwords, spell levels - anything.
-Ability for GMs to certain types of chat either for the whole server OR for individual people - limit anything from chat to global chat.

Any other features people can think of - feel free to suggest. Even if you think they are impossible to do...I'd like to hear them as they may be possible and it gives me ideas that I would not have thought of.

stardust

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 12, 2004
hmm would it at all be possible;
if you could make an command to ban people?

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
yer thats easy to do :) Ban individual characters or an account? Both is possible. I thought there was a ban command for Gms though :S.

username

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 7, 2005
-Show total server gold/integral in real time and calculate daily average increase/decrease in %.

-Search function, IP, user ID and character name. The search results should show everything related to lets say you put a char name, it will find all IP's that have been used for that char then automatically find all characters and user ID for those IP's. Also search by item ID for stolen items, this is an extra.

-Detailed log viewer for GM characters. All commands used, all items dropped/made/removed/mailed/traded (item ID so they can be traced down), everything they do should be logged.

-A 'delete all' open/read mirmail function, this would delete all mirmails server wide.

-Edit character names with 1 click

Last edited:

CheekyVimto

It's my Precious!
Veteran
Mar 8, 2005
Have to say I'd second all those requests by username, they are all long winded processes on there own.

The economy stats is a great idea imo :)

/cheeky

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
Okies I'll get to work on it. The original idea was to have it so that it extended in game features but I'll also include features for out of game - e.g. searching and things.
It will take me a while to do all the commands but it will be done :).

By the way, you want the statistics calculated to be placed in game or uploaded to a stats page?

Last edited:

shorty606

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 10, 2005
jst to let you know I am still working on it, just had to spend most my free time fixing EiEmu to compatability with 3,55 servers and remote access, which will be released soon.
I am labs most days so I don't get free time much.